COVID-19 In Scottish Football

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The Euros won't be postponed again this summer to allow that to happen - I'm expecting UEFA to require leagues to finish by 31st May at the latest.

Why cant the season be finished after the Euros then? We played the Scottish cup the following one. Also why start yet another season (21/22) when the same issues could arise when variant number 395 of Covid has been found in outermongolia 

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

Maxwell is chairing the JRG isn't he? That's probably why he's the guy asking the clubs.

I have no idea if he is or isn’t.  If he is the that provides legitimacy to the ask.   It should therefore have been reported as “chair of JRG” instead of the out of context SFA reference.

46 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

League restructure will be back on the table 

Quite right too.  10 team top league from next season, two bottom teams in the Premiership this season go down, no promotion from the Championship.  Sorted.  

Edited by resk

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Common sense prevails but this has been a really poor experience for all 4 clubs. This could have been avoided.

Surely Doncaster’s position is untenable now ? If he doesn’t resign he should be sacked for gross negligence.

Sacked by who though?

4 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Rumours Celtic are going to have a couple of players have symptoms tomorrow and take the £10K fine rather than play the game against Livingston with a weakened team.

Why? They have a team full of international players available.

Plus, what does it matter anyway? The league is long gone for them.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55684189

So League One and League Two clubs get told the league is cancelled with hardly any heads up but the Championship clubs get written to asking for their opinions.

Not suggesting the decision to suspend the lower leagues isnt the right one, but the inconsistencies in the way this is being handled between the different leagues is infuriating.

The leagues weren't cancelled though.

Of course there are inconsistencies between the leagues. The nature/composition of them makes it necessary.

38 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why cant the season be finished after the Euros then? We played the Scottish cup the following one. Also why start yet another season (21/22) when the same issues could arise when variant number 395 of Covid has been found in outermongolia 

It's against the SPFL rules for a start.

52 minutes ago, virginton said:

Big teams call the shots. Wee seaside league diddies like *checks Scottish League One midtable mediocrities* 'Partick Thistle' do what they're told.

Were you born the last time Morton were in the top flight? 

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The leagues weren't cancelled though.

Of course there are inconsistencies between the leagues. The nature/composition of them makes it necessary.

Cancelled is the wrong word to use....halted is more appropriate.

I get the leagues are different, no disputing that. And i get why the Premiership and Championship are still being played. No issue with different decisions for the different leagues.

What I fail to understand however is why Champoinship clubs are being consulted before any decision is made, yet the decision on the lower leagues was taken without such consultation. My issue is how the decisions are being made and the communication with clubs rather than the decision themselves.

FWIW I have no issue with the clubs being consulted. But the SFA and SPFL are the governing bodies of all the leagues and should therefore be communicating consistently with each of the professional clubs.

If it did ever come down to a vote again on calling the leagues as they are or null+voiding, the latter would win every time across all divisions, especially cases like the Championship where only 10 games have been played. 

Think we will be out of this for good come April though!

Edited by AberdeenHibee

If it did ever come down to a vote again on calling the leagues as they are or null+voiding, the latter would win every time across all divisions, especially cases like the Championship where only 10 games have been played. 
Think we will be out of this for good come April though!

The only sensible solution is to suspend promotion and relegation across all divisions this year. Get it going again if we complete a full season in May 2022.

It’s a bit of a joke that teams are being promoted and relegated after a 27 game season anyway, particularly if top flight teams are playing 38 games. Now it’s looking like teams in the lower leagues will struggle to play 27 games. I hope top flight chairmen are looking into how we avoid this farce.