COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Heard from VERY reliable sources that Accies will be taking this to the High Court with the help of a respected lawyer called Leslie Deans. St Mirren won't stand a chance and we'll get the three points back before tomorrow's game.

I can't say anymore though.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Common sense prevails but this has been a really poor experience for all 4 clubs. This could have been avoided.

Surely Doncaster’s position is untenable now ? If he doesn’t resign he should be sacked for gross negligence.

It's stuff happening to Accies, Motherwell, St Mirren and Killie - no-one gives a f**k enough to put any pressure on Doncaster (and St Mirren and Killie are happy with the outcome anyway). Only where the OF are involved is there any pressure on him.

Well the end of a pretty shambolic period, nothing surprises you in Scottish Football. I think the original decision was probably over the top although both clubs need to take a level of responsibility for what happened. Really thought regarding Motherwell we’re responsible for where we find ourselves in the league and it’s our responsibility to get ourselves out of it, not rely on being awarded points for games that were never played. Best thing for us is that we get on with it and concentrate on gaining  six points   from the two games when they are actually played.

This was quite obviously the fairest solution from the start. No other clubs punished apart from those who breached rules.

Has to be a review into how they came to the original clusterfuck of a decision though.

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Heard from VERY reliable sources that Accies will be taking this to the High Court with the help of a respected lawyer called Leslie Deans. St Mirren won't stand a chance and we'll get the three points back before tomorrow's game.

Leslie Deans!!! What a laugh listening to that tool greeting on radio Scotland in the summer.  

On that point, legal fees ???

I am just surprised they did not get Bobby Madden to announce it 5 minutes before KO on Sunday. 

As to whether we are disadvantaged depends on how they fix these two fixtures in. Knowing the SPFL they will probably ask us to play 4 games in a week. 

I am sure the club will say nothing sadly - but you can bet if it was Hearts or Celtic or Partick Thistle or any other statement FC there would be a statement coming out next hour or so. 

2 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Leslie Deans!!! What a laugh listening to that tool greeting on radio Scotland in the summer.  

I love it whenever someone makes a post referencing that senile old duffer. It always makes me laugh out loud just thinking about his embarrassing contributions "aiding" Hearts legal case last year

Thanks accies1874 and Loemba90.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This was quite obviously the fairest solution from the start. No other clubs punished apart from those who breached rules.

Has to be a review into how they came to the original clusterfuck of a decision though.

Ditto  I don't know many Well fans who thought we should have got the points in the first place but its odd that one panel comes to a certain conclusion while another comes to a completely different one (unless facts that weren't available to the original panel became available to the appeals panel?)

I think every team would like a transparent explanation on how each decision was made so we can at least understand the logic behind them but I wont hold my breath for that.