COVID-19 In Scottish Football

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You can't be this stupid?

What's the problem with what he said? There is an SPFL rule which requires clubs to provide adequate pitch protection, and if they have failed to do so then they have broken the SPFL rules and a fixture has not been played as a result.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

What's the problem with what he said? There is an SPFL rule which requires clubs to provide adequate pitch protection, and if they have failed to do so then they have broken the SPFL rules and a fixture has not been played as a result.

Can you remind me of the last time a team forfeited a fixture due to their pitch?

I'm not going ignore the obvious inference by the poster, serious or not, given the team he supports.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Can you remind me of the last time a team forfeited a fixture due to their pitch?

I'm not going ignore the obvious inference by the poster, serious or not, given the team he supports.

Can you remind me of the last time a team forfeited a fixture due to having players unavailable through illness?

Are they going to move games to the weekend of the 30th?

Couple of midweek rounds coming up could be moved? But we still need to find room for Scottish Cup?

The best idea would be to bring forward one of the rounds from March or April so that there is space for the Scottish Cup to hopefully slot back in there.

I suspect that - were it not for commercial and sponsorship obligations - the cup competitions would have been binned already.

And I say that as a fan of a team in the last 4 of the (who gives a f**k anyway?) league cup.

22 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:
22 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

So after an estimated £250k trip to Dubai, they've only gone and furloughed their U18s team....

They really have no shame.

A master stroke, no one will be talking the fact we’ve  just released a CEO statement lauding the world class facility in Dubai and had circa 30 staff living in 5 star accommodation for 5 nights, arriving by private charter now. Get the govt to pay the kids, surely everyone tightens their belts after a holiday of a lifetime.  

Edited by Drew Brees

12 hours ago, Munoz said:

At the risk of upsetting my diddy alliance brothers; you have to admit he has a point.

One thing though, it was probably covered elsewhere so apologies, was the penalty for the breaches or not having sufficient players available to fulfill the fixtures - of course if your squad is four times the size that probably doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

So after an estimated £250k trip to Dubai, they've only gone and furloughed their U18s team....

Getting tax payers to subsidise their trip to Dubai isn't one I saw coming...

Peter Lawwell will be back on Youtube by lunchtime.

12 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Livi unable to fulfil a fixture yet again. Is that a 3-0 forfeit?

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You can't be this stupid?

Fans that followed Scottish football closely should immediately see the irony of my post. However as you do not appear to fall into that category I shall spell it out for you.

Many Clubs have broken Covid Rules. However only two clubs have been punished 3-0 forfeits , not for breaking Covid rules, but for 'not being able to fulfil a fixture'. Which raises the question why are Clubs not having a 3-0 forfeit at other times when they 'cannot fulfil a fixture'? I have never know a Club to suffer a 3-0 forfeit when games are called off for floodlight failure, waterlogged pitches, frozen pitches, icy pavements or when many players are down with an illness like the flu. So when the illness is Covid during a world wide pandemic why is that the only reason to be punished when other clubs cannot fulfil fixtures for no-Covid reasons?

If you require further explanation  in future over topics you don't get just PM me.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

He has no shame, Celtic essentially is run by 1 person and 1 person alone. Dermot Desmond is completely absent so essentially Lawell can and will do what the f**k he wants because there is no one at Celtic willing to stand up and be counted.

He moves from one PR disaster to the next destroying our reputation, our season and any good faith with the fans but also with the rest of Scottish football.

When Fergus rescued Celtic I’m sure he never invisioned a scenario where Celtic once again would be run again by someone who really only cares for his own self interests. 

He has no shame, Celtic essentially is run by 1 person and 1 person alone. Dermot Desmond is completely absent so essentially Lawell can and will do what the f**k he wants because there is no one at Celtic willing to stand up and be counted.
He moves from one PR disaster to the next destroying our reputation, our season and any good faith with the fans but also with the rest of Scottish football.
When Fergus rescued Celtic I’m sure he never invisioned a scenario where Celtic once again would be run again by someone who really only cares for his own self interests. 

I wouldn’t be too concerned about fans of other clubs Jinky. There’s nothing Celtic could do to cause us to dislike them any more than we already do. Nothing they do will surprise us or cause us to dislike them any less. That applies to their rivals too. I think that Celtic have become a sick and perverted parody of the great club they once were about fifty or more years ago. Both Glasgow giants have ruined our game and many an aspiring talented player also, ably aided and enabled by inept governing bodies and certain foolish chairmen (Milne, Aberdeen: voting structure).

50 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Surely Fergus ran Celtic - quite openly - for his own self interest too. It's just that he did it well and fucked off with his profits before the natives got too annoyed about it.

The problem with the current CEO is that he's lost the plot (or has been really badly advised). To be extolling the benefits of the "world class facilities" in Dubai less than 24 hours before sticking the young boys on Furlough is simple incompetence. 

15 minutes ago, Swello said:

Surely Fergus ran Celtic - quite openly - for his own self interest too. It's just that he did it well and fucked off with his profits before the natives got too annoyed about it.

The problem with the current CEO is that he's lost the plot (or has been really badly advised). To be extolling the benefits of the "world class facilities" in Dubai less than 24 hours before sticking the young boys on Furlough is simple incompetence. 

To an extent however Fergus was very very clear about his intentions, what he was going to do and when he would leave and what he would be leaving us with. A club with no debt, strong foundations and a new stadium. Once that was done he was gone after delivering what he said he would in the time he said it would take to allow the club to flourish under better leadership we had known with the Kelly/White dynasty 

If motivated by only his own interests he would have stayed much much longer to profit from the successes that were to come.

If nothing else he was at least transparent even if at the time many Celtic fans didn’t like it or indeed get it. The current incumbent and their decision making is extremely questionable, there is no transparency and there is no plan

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

To an extent however Fergus was very very clear about his intentions, what he was going to do and when he would leave and what he would be leaving us in. A club with no debt, strong foundations and a new stadium. Once that was done he was gone after delivering what he said he would in the time he said it would take.

If motivated by only his own interests he would have stayed much much longer to profit from the successes that were to come.

If nothing else he was at least transparent even if at the time many Celtic fans didn’t like it or indeed get it. 

This is true.

I do recall him getting booed onto the field when raising the title flag one year. Why was that? Because of a demand for more "ambitious" signings from the fans? Is it only in hindsight CFC fans appreciated what he did for you?