COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, superkillieaway said:

Its basically punishing clubs that have smaller squads. Celtic are able to absorb the restrictions on players cause they have a playing squad close to 50. 

Fairly certain we requested to postpone our league game in order to be allowed to test our youth players so we could potentially field them instead. This may have led to us losing the game anyway but we wouldnt have been fined because there wouldve been no investigation.

Absolute nonsense if our forfeit is upheld when this farce has just happened.

You mean to say, because they have more money than most, that they will receive preferential treatment?

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Deary fucking me. :lol:

He should be thrown out of Hampden for that, purely on the grounds of it being so out of touch with reality and the commonly-accepted viewpoint that even most Celtic fans have managed to voice.

He's a fitba' man, he's played the gemme.

30 minutes ago, superbigal said:

2ms IMG-20210111-WA0005.jpeg

"See when I get the Southend job, you're the first name on my list.

Thanks Gaffer."

We'll still get punished. They'll hang their hat on the 'you called the games off due to lack of players' whereas Celtic aren't doing so.
They said that they 'social distanced' on the flight. There was a study of infection on an Emirates flight which showed people over 2 rows away and across an aisle got infected from other passengers. You'd imagine the longer the flight with the need to go to the toilet etc would only increase the risk. 

I agree we are likely to still get punished however in light of this whole fiasco I don’t believe the punishment should in any way impact our/Killie’s points tally. A fine or suspended fine will suffice if Celtic are allowed to get off with it by virtue of having a large enough budget to run a squad size double that of most other Scottish clubs.
I see Robert Grieve tweeted that Hibs were threatened with a points deduction if they did not fulfil the fixture tonight - maybe that is an insight into what is coming our way. If that does result then it will still be a complete shambles given Maxwell’s comments earlier tonight.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Technically fine as they are supposedly in their own 'bubble'.

That 16 folk have to isolate pretty much proves this. Long haul flights must be the biggest risk for this.

Technically there's no risk from walking past folk (in terms of who would be considered a close contact).

It’s not technically fine. They’re supposed to follow social distancing when not playing or training. They are supposed to space out when eating, travelling etc. Do you think they are not going home to their families every night during the season? It’s not that type of bubble. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It’s not technically fine. They’re supposed to follow social distancing when not playing or training. They are supposed to space out when eating, travelling etc. Do you think they are not going home to their families every night during the season? It’s not that type of bubble. 

What consenting adults do with each others consenting families...

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

SFA shiteing it big time and passing all responsibility on to the government.

It's been a shambles from the start. The very start.

The SPFL have taken no responsibility for anything. I highly doubt they've inspected any of the stadiums or training grounds. They'll have given the club's checklists and left it there.

They only care about games being played. f**k all regard for anybody.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/2716180/aberdeen-boss-mcinnes-calls-for-scottish-covid-compliance-officer/

Presumably we'll now see league fixtures played on Scottish Cup weekend, since those games have been pushed back?

Been our luck this season that our League Cup Semi with Hibs ends up postponed, and we have to wedge in 3 games a week for a month which completely fucks our tiny squad.

Presumably we'll now see league fixtures played on Scottish Cup weekend, since those games have been pushed back?
 Been our luck this season that our League Cup Semi with Hibs ends up postponed, and we have to wedge in 3 games a week for a month which completely fucks our tiny squad.
I was literally away to post this. Move a round of league fixtures scheduled for mid/late Feb onto SC Rd 3 weekend and vice versa. Knowing the Spfl they'll just leave it blank then moan they can't fit fixtures in.

Celtic have made all-time c***s of themselves over this, in terms of the action itself and the defence/statement... but they won’t be punished as long as they can get a team on the park.

St Mirren/Killie: breaches + positive cases + games postponed = punishment.

Celtic: (mind-boggling, piss-taking) breaches + positive cases + no games postponed = no punishment.

It follows that the SPFL are only concerned about getting the games played (and care not a f**k that it’s easier for some clubs to do that than others). The SG should hammer them for that... but they probably won’t. Doncaster’s response to the L1/L2 suspension very much suggests that it’s understood as a warning shot...

Henry McLeish just demolished the SPFL and SFA on Radio Scotland.

Applauding my radio.

Scottish football governance really is third rate, third world, utterly corrupt, atrociously run, tin pot diddy stuff.  

The SPFL in particular needs cleansed with fire.