COVID-19 In Scottish Football

6 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Have the SPFL ever released their contingency plans for this season in the event of a league shutdown? As in at what point the league would be null and void and at which point it would be declared like last season.

e.g. if each team in the league has played over 70% of their games the season will be declared on PPG?

If not, it seems mental they dont have such clear contingencies in place that have been agreed to by the clubs after last season's (and last summer's) debacles. 

They make everything up as they go along.

6 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Have the SPFL ever released their contingency plans for this season in the event of a league shutdown? As in at what point the league would be null and void and at which point it would be declared like last season.

e.g. if each team in the league has played over 70% of their games the season will be declared on PPG?

If not, it seems mental they dont have such clear contingencies in place that have been agreed to by the clubs after last season's (and last summer's) debacles. 

They asked for control to decide what happens. I'd presume to come up with something along the lines of what you're saying. Based on the broadcast contracts etc a plan that would say in the event of X we'll do Y - but I'm not convinced they'd be that well prepared. Clubs rejected them having control in any case so as far as I understood it anyway it'll be another resolution and vote to decide if a decision needs to be made. 

12 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

They asked to be given the authority to make such plans and put things in place. The clubs denied them that. So, if it comes to it, another bun-fight and vote. 

Yip. Hearts / Falkirk top and it's null and void. Dems da rules.

Just seen the First Minister’s comments on this - I am glad she has passed over the responsibilities to the SPFL to deal with Celtic. At least they can not hide behind the Government this time, although I’d be surprised if we heard anything from them on the matter. An absolute shitshow by all those involved including those who sanctioned it, which by all accounts includes the Scottish Government.
I hope Julien et al. make a full & speedy recovery from it.

Sky Sports latest tweet: 
BREAKING: Hibernian have consulted their players today over whether they feel comfortable playing in tonight’s game; some are believed to have reservations about participating, but it is unclear at this stage if any have chosen not to play.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Don't know why it's taken me so long, but it's just occurred to me that neil lennon will be a seething mess over this.

Beautiful. 

Or maybe he’s feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable as he’s part of the problem. 

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Let’s be honest is there a better way?   I quite enjoyed the last one.

4 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Relegate Hearts gets my vote.

It was better entertainment than quite a lot of football, that's for sure. 

And yes, 'Relegate Hearts' is always the answer. 

19 minutes ago, G51 said:

Don't know about that, Ian Maxwell.

Deary fucking me. :lol:

He should be thrown out of Hampden for that, purely on the grounds of it being so out of touch with reality and the commonly-accepted viewpoint that even most Celtic fans have managed to voice.