COVID-19 In Scottish Football

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

If every other single team isn't phoning round their staff and players telling them to watch what they are doing they'd be negligent. 

I believe they're all cancelling their planned team holidays in Dubai as we speak.

56 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I like Celtic’s defence. “If the squad had stayed in Scotland we could still have had a positive case.”

We absolutely could have. What wouldn’t have happened though is we would have had to isolate 15 other people who were stuck on a fucking 8 hour flight back from Dubai with someone with COVID.

Its a feeble excuse, they have fucked this up royally so they least they could have done is owned it 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

"Adolf Sturgeon" that's a new one for me.Screenshot_20210111-134915_Twitter.jpeg

Sadly, equating Sturgeon with Hitler is far from new 'patter' from the staunch supporters of the union.

When she came out twice recently with forthright condemnations of Trump (Golf at Turnberry not an essential journey, and inciting storming of the Capitol a bad thing) I thought well, they can't really criticise that.

Boy was I wrong!  All sense of perspective gone.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

Would Edouard be exempt from quarantine on the account that he has already had the virus?

I doubt it, don’t think there is strong enough evidence that he couldn’t contract it again and I doubt he’s been vaccinated either

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Will this isolation period cover our game on Saturday? Not sure when they got back.

Just read the bbc (yeah i know) saying it covers Sat and just ends the day before our midweek 2nd game against them.

Isolation will impact three matches

So, Celtic go ahead with tonight's game missing the 13 first-team players who have been instructed to self-isolate.

We'll find out just who's missing when the sides are announced around 18:45 this evening.

It will be the same for Saturday's home game against in-form Livingston.

Celtic are due to face Livi again next Wednesday in West Lothian.

The period of isolation is 10 days, so if it kicked in on Saturday, then some players could be available again, but, of course, they will have missed a significant chunk of training.

20 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That McMenemy gonk is a LOL type.

His politics may be somewhat coloured (pun intended) by that.

He was also bleating in the press calling for relegation to be scrapped for two seasons back in like July or thereabouts.

55 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:
Presumably nothing to stop lower leagues running to end of June and cup can be played any time.

Promotion/relegation playoffs?

That includes playoffs. All achievable with even a mid March start up.

Anyway, I'm sure the SPFLs fingers crossed approach to contingency planning will see us alright

Edited by invergowrie arab

Have the SPFL ever released their contingency plans for this season in the event of a league shutdown? As in at what point the league would be null and void and at which point it would be declared like last season.

e.g. if each team in the league has played over 70% of their games the season will be declared on PPG?

If not, it seems mental they dont have such clear contingencies in place that have been agreed to by the clubs after last season's (and last summer's) debacles.