COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

Maybe the rest of the squad will end up testing positive tomorrow anyway.

The phoniest of phoney doctors will be on hand to ensure that isn't the case.

What's Dr Nick from The Simpsons up to these days? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah but Sellick are going to get en exemption under the "Elite Sport" regs even though it wasn't an elite competition they were playing but a jolly boys outing.

Maybe, maybe not. Discussions are ongoing and a decision being made tomorrow, so commonsense* may prevail.

* I know, I know....

4 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

They need to get punished for it, A cold weather training camp is not an elite Sporting event. The exemption was put in place to allow teams to travel for European competition not to go on a jaunt because you cant deal with the Scottish weather and you want to top up your tan. 

Was Brendan with them?

2 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

They need to get punished for it, A cold weather training camp is not an elite Sporting event. The exemption was put in place to allow teams to travel for European competition not to go on a jaunt because you cant deal with the Scottish weather and you want to top up your tan. 

I know it'll sound old fashioned but why didn't someone say...

"Dubai fūck all, get over to Barrowfield and get the snow off it. You're all in tomorrow."

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Maybe, maybe not. Discussions are ongoing and a decision being made tomorrow, so commonsense* may prevail.

* I know, I know....

I think the positive case is the game changer here, particularly as several more cases could well come in the next few days. Put that along with the poolside piss up and John Kennedy's press conference essentially admitting to COVID protocol breaches then they can't just be waved on in. Surely.

I see three points hibs here
Doncaster knows league is gone for celtic and their fans know it. 3 points to hibs wont matter.
will reinforce his defence at SFA appeal - look we apply to all teams with breaches...

Aye, I am concerned about this as well. This is the easiest chance they have of 'punishing' one of the OF when it doesn't really matter and Celtic won't really care as they are fucked anyway. And Killie and St Mirren will get dragged into the shitstorm just to prove a point about being tough on Celtic and letting the Government see they are taking action. I think this may hinder and not help our appeal.

Just now, HibsFan said:

"So little focus is placed on this board and CEO", says the journalist with the means to do such a thing yet almost never does. :lol:

ENvALvoWoAALaSv.thumb.jpg.bbf0cbbdb809a6dd3061b8aadeefe047.jpg

Hope that belter’s calling for no promotion or relegation when the leagues are abandoned again this season.  Him and Tom English competing over who could get the biggest hardon for Ann Budge last summer was vomit inducing.

51 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

The rules aren't about elite sporting events, but about elite sportspeople. The rules were put in place for athletes in a variety of sports, not just football, and there are some sportspeople for whom warm weather training camps probably are essential for their preparation (eg athletes). That clearly doesn't apply to Celtic, but I am not convinced that the designation of the trip is the issue here, so much as the fact they have ended up with a positive test after it. If there was no positive test, I don't think there'd be any question of any of them being asked to isolate. Now that there has been one, it will likely be handled differently.

45 minutes ago, flood said:

I see three points hibs here

Doncaster knows league is gone for celtic and their fans know it. 3 points to hibs wont matter.

will reinforce his defence at SFA appeal - look we apply to all teams with breaches...

I think the game will be played tomorrow regardless of how many Celtic players have been asked to isolate - it is likely that they will be able to scramble together a youth team or something of the sort. Therefore I can't imagine a scenario where the match is awarded to Hibs.

According to the British government's advice on close contact, plane travel is listed as one such example. Surely that's at least a few more of the squad in isolation regardless of future tests?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person

1145160713_Screenshot2021-01-11at00_23_14.thumb.png.5623527c014822bf8fd40bb27bbbfcfe.png

Edited by HibsFan

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Will depend if NHS Scotland follow same principles. 

Can't see it happening. The risk assessment wouldn't let them travel if one person on the plane being positive on return would result in everyone on it having to isolate.

Your right not everyone on the plane will need to isolate, just those close enough, although depending on who has been close to the individual prior to the plane journey may bring a lot more.into the equation.

Although on a related subject, how good is the filtration on aircon systems with regard COVID-19 airborne particles? It has been raised at my work, and when on a plane the air is recirculated which you would think would help potential infection. Its not like you can open a window for fresh air like in an office, home, car, coach etc. The filtration can weed out some airborne particles but its something that comes up in H&S meetings at work.

We wait and see what happens later today but no matter what we come out of this looking even more hapless than we already were this season. 

If only we were as dangerous on the pitch as we are off it 🙄

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

As mentioned before, the Scotland U21 squad flew back from Greece and only 8 players had to self-isolate in addition to the 3 who had covid.

I was actually on the same flight as Lewis Fiorini right as this happened as well as he was flying back to NAC Breda. Absolutely shit myself when I saw the news the next day about quite a lot of the U21 squad having to self isolate as they weren't named at first