COVID-19 In Scottish Football

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

As a Celtic fan i can’t disagree and still bemused as to why it has been allowed to go ahead especially considering the condemnation of Bolingoli by the club. Yes Bolingoli also lied but fundamentally he took a trip abroad which unnecessarily put people’s health at risk, Celtic have also taken a trip abroad which has also unnecessarily put people’s health at risk and we now have a player ill who may not have contracted the disease if not for this trip.

Tone deaf puts it mildly and most Celtic fans are rightly putting the boot in as with how transmissible this disease it’s also highly unlikely we limit this to just 1 case.

The safety of everyone should be the primary concern and how do we ever expect to have football return to normal while trips like this are allowed to be sanctioned. We have made an absolute rip roaring c**t of this one. 

Bolingoli didn't even test positive and there was a shitstorm.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

It would be hailed as Lawwell's greatest achievement if he engineers a null and void season.

The Lawwell emergency plan. Even if it doesn't work if he can get the SPFL to take declare a couple of 3-0 wins then he has a ready made excuse to sell to the fans and someone other than him to direct their anger to.

9 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

So who’s going to determine that? Given that it was a Celtic-operated trip largely conducted out of the public eye, are we expecting them to cooperate in good faith and admit who was in close contact?

Well Killie’s whole squad was made to isolate by public health Scotland because they weren’t happy with what was going on around seating plans at meals etc so I’d guess if Celtic don’t provide detailed info on stuff like that then the same will happen to them. Since it’s a body unrelated to football I’d be surprised if we see any difference in approach just because it’s Celtic and not one of the smaller teams. Wouldn’t be surprised if Sturgeon isn’t keeping tabs on this either

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The Lawwell emergency plan. Even if it doesn't work if he can get the SPFL to take declare a couple of 3-0 wins then he has a ready made excuse to sell to the fans and someone other than him to direct their anger to.

To be honest I think Lawell will have a very very hard sell convincing any Celtic fan that he isn’t the one who should be held primarily culpable for both this fiasco and the position we find ourselves on a football pitch 

27 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

So who’s going to determine that? Given that it was a Celtic-operated trip largely conducted out of the public eye, are we expecting them to cooperate in good faith and admit who was in close contact?

Usually the tracing team from the relevant NHS board will interview the person who has tested positive and ask them all sorts of questions to find out who is a close contact.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Usually the tracing team from the relevant NHS board will interview the person who has tested positive and ask them all sorts of questions to find out who is a close contact.

And if that person decides to tell a load of porkies??

Just now, santheman said:

Then there's nothing that can be done.

Not sure of the protocol in this situation though. As others have said, there might be documents/plans that Celtic had to put together for this that can be used. But I don't know.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Then there's nothing that can be done.

Not sure of the protocol in this situation though. As others have said, there might be documents/plans that Celtic had to put together for this that can be used. But I don't know.

I would really like to think that the SFA/SPL would have been supplied with Celtics risk assessment and protocols and ok'd them before giving permission but who knows.

Don't want to sound as if I'm defending Celtic here but is there any difference between travelling in a bus to Aberdeen rather than a plane to Dubai and staying overnight in a hotel where no doubt there would be a certain amount of mingling. I'm assuming they would  have been following the same protocols in Dubai as they would have been in Aberdeen.

Still shouldn't have gone though in the current circumstances

The real fear over this is that the Scottish Government decide to intervene and withdraw the " elite sportsman" privilege to Scottish football.  Pull the plug on the whole season. No need then to dole out the £20 mil and we can then sit back and watch clubs fold quicker than a shit poker player.

29 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

To be honest I think Lawell will have a very very hard sell convincing any Celtic fan that he isn’t the one who should be held primarily culpable for both this fiasco and the position we find ourselves on a football pitch 

Willy will be along soon to blame everyone else but Celtic, you have been pretty frank & honest about the ongoing shitstorm that has been your clubs season, that deserves a lot of credit.

9 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

The real fear over this is that the Scottish Government decide to intervene and withdraw the " elite sportsman" privilege to Scottish football.  Pull the plug on the whole season. No need then to dole out the £20 mil and we can then sit back and watch clubs fold quicker than a shit poker player.

If they can the season then the vast majority of clubs can furlough their staff. An exemption to play a season BCD is not the thing keeping the lights on for them. 

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's how it works. I am aware of someone going through that track and trace process now. 

Which they will to a certain extent. The player is never going to say, "I forgot to mention x" or "tbh there wasn't a lot of social distancing going on between any of us at the bar". They'll only say what they have to.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I've seen this said a few times, but all three of their games in hand already have scheduled dates so I don't see it as a massive concern compared to, you know, everything else that's going on.

Not a massive concern no, but given how the season has gone with postponements and the very realistic possibility of more due to COVID, it would surely have been prudent for the league to look to get any and all outstanding fixtures played as soon as possible and Celtic should have been told to poke their Dubai trip. One outstanding league game could have gone ahead last Wednesday, they could have played Hibs yesterday and then got a second outstanding match played this coming Wednesday.