COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Celtic have already had a game postponed and suffered no punishment.
Celtic breaking the rules now & avoiding punishment by virtue of having a squad size the majority of clubs could not afford to run would be quite something.
Did they not have 2 games postponed, against Aberdeen and ourselves?

I am fuckin more raging about this than I should be.
One of our few escapes to normality in the current Covid situation is to watch a game every week.
I cannot believe these selfish p***ks have put this in jeopardy.
All they had to do was stay at home, but these arseholes think they are greater than everyone else and deserve/need it.
Looks like they want the league stopped before it's reached the point it could be handed to The Rangers.
But f**k everyone else.
Utter utter c***s.
Simmer Doon Karen.

6 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Celtic have already had a game postponed and suffered no punishment.
Celtic breaking the rules now & avoiding punishment by virtue of having a squad size the majority of clubs could not afford to run would be quite something.

Their game was postponed after the Scottish Government intervened after one of their players acted like a complete dick. As much as I love to stick the boot into them, the club itself didn’t breach any covid protocols during that period (that we are aware of).

The situations simply cannot be treated the same way for them to receive the same punishment St Mirren and Killie did unless they have a game postponed.

If you want to make the case for a comparable punishment to be dished out, such as a points deduction, then I certainly won’t object. I’m simply saying the situations are different.

Edited by AJF

Just now, Romeo said:
11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
I am fuckin more raging about this than I should be.
One of our few escapes to normality in the current Covid situation is to watch a game every week.
I cannot believe these selfish p***ks have put this in jeopardy.
All they had to do was stay at home, but these arseholes think they are greater than everyone else and deserve/need it.
Looks like they want the league stopped before it's reached the point it could be handed to The Rangers.
But f**k everyone else.
Utter utter c***s.

Simmer Doon Karen.

No I fuckin won't.

It's utterly cunty and selfish from your club, in the country with the highest percentage of people who follow football, we need it to continue to help keep folk going.

Who the f**k is Karen?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Their game was postponed after the Scottish Government intervened after one of their players acted like a complete dick. As much as I love to stick the boot into them, the club itself didn’t breach any covid protocols during that period (that we are aware of).

The situations simply cannot be treated the same way for them to receive the same punishment St Mirren and Killie did unless they have a game postponed.

If you want to make the case for a comparable punishment to be dished out, such as a points deduction, then I certainly won’t object. I’m simply saying the situations are different.

The fact a game is postponed should have nothing to do with it. 

Once the first team member tests positive following a breach there is a large degree of luck whether that takes over the rest of the team. A breach is a breach, regardless of whether your squad is big enough to cope to ensure your game goes ahead. 

No I fuckin won't.
It's utterly cunty and selfish from your club, in the country with the highest percentage of people who follow football, we need it to continue to help keep folk going.
Who the f**k is Karen?
^^^ "look at me, look at me..!!"

Why should the Scottish Government informing the SPFL a club cannot fulfil a fixture be treated differently?
Sturgeon’s words at the time were something along the lines of ‘Aberdeen & Celtic will not be playing this weekend’. The would constitute a forfeiture of their games except the SPFL hid behind the Government.

Just now, Romeo said:
3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
No I fuckin won't.
Who the f**k is Karen?

^^^ "look at me, look at me..!!"

Aye so it is.

Bet Celtic wished it was "look away, look away".

You have no counter argument for this.

Tit.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The fact a game is postponed should have nothing to do with it. 

Once the first team member tests positive following a breach there is a large degree of luck whether that takes over the rest of the team. A breach is a breach, regardless of whether your squad is big enough to cope to ensure your game goes ahead. 

I appreciate what you are getting at, but... how can a team forfeit points for a match that gets played?

Like I said, if you want to make the case for a points deduction, then be my guest, but it’s a wholly different situation compared to forfeiting points as you could not fulfil the fixture due to the numbers of players impacted by covid.

If their game tomorrow needs to get postponed, then I agree the situation is more comparable and they’d be subject to the same punishment.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I appreciate what you are getting at, but... how can a team forfeit points for a match that gets played?

Like I said, if you want to make the case for a points deduction, then be my guest, but it’s a wholly different situation compared to forfeiting points as you could not fulfil the fixture due to the numbers of players impacted by covid.

If their game tomorrow needs to get postponed, then I agree the situation is more comparable and they’d be subject to the same punishment.

I think a points deduction is the way to go to be fair.  Deduct points and play the game regardless in each case where there have been blatant breaches. 

I don’t think the game being postponed should come into it whatsoever and it’s shambolic that that needs to happen for any proper punishment.