COVID-19 In Scottish Football

When did Celtic travel to Dubai and what were the rules when they left? I'd be surprised if a JRG view/ruling from November takes precedence over any actual laws. 

I think it’s important that a very clear message is sent here. 

I think it’s more important that Celtic are upset and cry like big spoilt babies. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

When did Celtic travel to Dubai and what were the rules when they left? I'd be surprised if a JRG view/ruling from November takes precedence over any actual laws. 

I think it’s important that a very clear message is sent here. 

I think it’s more important that Celtic are upset and cry like big spoilt babies. 

F*** all will be done. You know it, I know it, a'body knows it.

18 hours ago, AJF said:

The Scottish Government are now saying they expect the SFA to look into Celtic’s trip further:

So if Celtic are found to be in some kind of breach, even if it’s just a breach of morals, then the punishment will be to not let any other teams following them do the same thing? 

19 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

So if Celtic are found to be in some kind of breach, even if it’s just a breach of morals, then the punishment will be to not let any other teams following them do the same thing? 

I would assume that if Celtic were unfortunate to have an outbreak that meant postponing a match then they’d suffer the same punishment as St Mirren and Kilmarnock and forfeit the point (pending any successful appeal, of course).

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I would assume that if Celtic were unfortunate to have an outbreak that meant postponing a match then they’d suffer the same punishment as St Mirren and Kilmarnock and forfeit the point (pending any successful appeal, of course).

You would think that but I'm sure they would find some way to weasel their way out of it.

2 hours ago, ahemps said:

I don't want to see football stopped and I would argue that it shouldn't but shutting schools and asking people to remain in their house while allowing non-professional/part time football to continue doesn't match up. Every time you go down a level it makes less sense. Maybe play Championship but leagues 1 and 2? Lowland league? Juniors, really?

As you have said, the example of a teacher who can't go to work but can play and train for the likes of Bo'ness 2-3 times a week. When gyms and leisure activities are shut to all yet at that level where they are basically glorified amateurs really doesn't make sense in the new situation.

Spot on 

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Excellent

I predict that although Celtic's trip has exploited a loophole ("elite clubs" being allowed to travel to play matches - not to train in the sunshine) and was based on mysterious permission from November which was clearly out of date after the new virus strain appeared, neither the Scottish Government nor the SFA will have the guts to properly investigate and sanction them for endangering public health.  I hope I am proved wrong.

The pictures by the poolside and in the bar are honking, in many different ways, but it's good that they came out -  just to remind everyone how ridiculous and arrogant it is that they are there while the entire country is locked down and non-essential travel is banned.

Fully believe that is why our punishment was suddenly suspended, aresholes at Hampden shat themselves

1 minute ago, monthelie' said:

The last time he opened his mouth, we were hit with 3-0 losses the very next day! 

Ah, but that was the SPFL's decision. The level headed and fair minded SFA are a completely different institution (my arse).

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

I'm glad Celtic have gone to Dubai and hope they are having a wonderful time.

If they hadn't gone I wouldn't be able to read all the seethe on here.

Thank you Celtic.

No one likes you, you don't care? That sounds familiar.  Are you Ra People by any chance?

It's fun seething in Celtic's direction, given their entire squad and management team are now a generally despised public health hazard. They've become Scottish football's equivalent of Dominic Cummings.  Hopefully they stage a hubris-filled press conference soon about how it was all allowed (they've already used the "the government already knew" line). They could remind us again of how they were founded as a club with a social conscience, and all that guff which makes them special, too.

I hope you enjoyed this additional instalment of seethe.