COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

They are as culpable as Celtic, possibly more so, as they are the ruling body.

I'd say moreso. They simply had to contact Celtic and apologise but stand firm. No international travel. 

54 minutes ago, Munoz said:

The SPFL in making it as they go along shock.  

Making what? 

Well well absolutely fucking disgrace footballers and clubs have stuck two fingers up at the Scottish public time and time again, 

Funny Doncaster and his bitch Cormack were quick enough to a month ago to shoot down the government and  scientific figures a as rubbish and that clubs fans should be back 

So where are the two c***s now,

It'll be interesting hearing Doncaster explaining to the clubs how null and void is the best solution but they can't get any prize money and will have to pay out millions in compensation....

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

It'll be interesting hearing Doncaster explaining to the clubs how null and void is the best solution but they can't get any prize money and will have to pay out millions in compensation....

Your lack of understanding of the last solution is so bad I think even  Tom English has a better grasp than you.

Edited by gannonball

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Your lack of understanding of the last solution is so bad I think even  Tom English has a better grasp than you.

That was a quick edit you did there tbf.

Interesting...

It would be extraordinary if @scotgov approved this trip, given that the advice was only to travel for essential purposes. Presumably there will be written evidence of this produced?

Nso0K_4z_normal.jpg

Celtic Football Club

@CelticFC
In response to the Scottish Government statement, the club has issued the following response: ‘The training camp was arranged a number of months ago & approved by all relevant footballing authorities & @scotgov through the Joint Response Group on 12th November 2020.

Interesting...

urdo Fraser   @murdo_fraser It would be extraordinary if @scotgov approved this trip, given that the advice was only to travel for essential purposes. Presumably there will be written evidence of this produced?   Nso0K_4z_normal.jpg&key=c3511617302805b675af769cf68f6d00614e993f73a8f4e6034218b65534eec0     Celtic Football Club   @CelticFC In response to the Scottish Government statement, the club has issued the following response: ‘The training camp was arranged a number of months ago & approved by all relevant footballing authorities & @scotgov through the Joint Response Group on 12th November 2020.
Thousands of people booked holidays in that sort of scenario months in advance, didn't mean they all got to go though.

So they checked on 12 November and all was fine but no one thought it prudent to double check 7 weeks later when it came about ?

Regardless if it was allowed or approved, the optics are atrocious.

Surely someone at Celtic took a moment to say “you know what, maybe we shouldn’t be jetting off to Dubai while our fans are barely allowed to leave their own homes”. 

Anybody fancy emailing ceu@gov.scot and asking under the Freedom of Information Act to see all information held by the Scottish Government prior to 1 January 2021 related to Celtic's trip to Dubai? It would be interesting to see what this supposed approval of 12 November looks like.

Anybody fancy emailing ceu@gov.scot and asking under the Freedom of Information Act to see all information held by the Scottish Government prior to 1 January 2021 related to Celtic's trip to Dubai? It would be interesting to see what this supposed approval of 12 November looks like.
No because that would be Currant Bun levels of obsessive behaviour !

16 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

They change things all the time. I don't see why you're presenting this as some out-there wild suggestion.

It's perfectly feasible that lower league football makes it onto the list of things we don't need to have happening.

Not to mention the obvious risk of games being called off aside from governmental intervention. I've got a friend who is a (non-Championship) part-time player who already had to miss a couple of games self-isolating because he's a primary teacher and had been in class with kids who tested positive.

There are plenty of ways the Championship season doesn't finish to the satisfaction of teams looking to avoid relegation.

I don't want to see football stopped and I would argue that it shouldn't but shutting schools and asking people to remain in their house while allowing non-professional/part time football to continue doesn't match up. Every time you go down a level it makes less sense. Maybe play Championship but leagues 1 and 2? Lowland league? Juniors, really?

As you have said, the example of a teacher who can't go to work but can play and train for the likes of Bo'ness 2-3 times a week. When gyms and leisure activities are shut to all yet at that level where they are basically glorified amateurs really doesn't make sense in the new situation.

I don't want to see football stopped and I would argue that it shouldn't but shutting schools and asking people to remain in their house while allowing non-professional/part time football to continue doesn't match up. Every time you go down a level it makes less sense. Maybe play Championship but leagues 1 and 2? Lowland league? Juniors, really?
As you have said, the example of a teacher who can't go to work but can play and train for the likes of Bo'ness 2-3 times a week. When gyms and leisure activities are shut to all yet at that level where they are basically glorified amateurs really doesn't make sense in the new situation.

But then again, less things that are opened and more that people are working/staying at home, the less chance players catch it.

Also, a couple of isolations aside, the lower leagues managed through the festive period unscathed. If it hadn’t then you might see more concern.