COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 31/10/2020 at 14:42, TonyFerrino said:

Very good.  Who do you boys have next week?

One of the good guys. 

Hearts were allowed to train by the way. The other clubs had chosen not to.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Hearts lost that right when they tried to sue everyone (and failed).

Right, because this all started with the court case everyone knew would result, yet everyone then pretended to be surprised and angry about it anyway.

The suing was in response to the shooting down and not sticking together over the previous 3 months.

And what about Thistle? It was a joint case.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Good news, plus added bonus of Tom English being a fanny in the replies.

Ah yes, that was his new hill to die on - he was getting apoplectic about this the other night on Sportsound.

If I gave a f**k about him I would worry for his health.

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 05/11/2020 at 06:12, Raidernation said:

Oh.
Do.
f**k.
Off.

Said the SPFL and other teams to Hearts and Thistle in an incredible display of sticking together during a crisis.

Guest 8GamesToGo

I see now is the time for reconstruction according to Albion Rovers, despite them voting against it. Wonder why?

OK to relegate teams during a pandemic last season.

Not OK to related teams during a pandemic this season.

11 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I see now is the time for reconstruction according to Albion Rovers, despite them voting against it. Wonder why?

Seems fair enough 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/albion-rovers-covid-crisis-could-be-catastrophic-as-boss-makes-league-reconstruction-plea/ar-BB1b0GIh?MSCC=1598400523

Albion Rovers boss Brian Reid fears the Covid crisis at Cliftonhill could have a catastrophic effect on their season.

And now he is calling on the SPFL to look into the possibility of league reconstruction once again, insisting it's now more pertinent than ever to help struggling clubs.

Rovers' Betfred Cup clash with Hamilton was cancelled today after Gregor Fotheringham tested positive for Covid-19 and two other players reported symptoms.

Accies have been awarded a 3-0 victory as a result, but Reid is fearing the worst for their League Two campaign as they await news on whether other players and staff will have to self-isolate, which could also impact their upcoming league fixture with Cowdenbeath next weekend.

And he reckons the SPFL, whose member clubs voted down the chance of league reconstruction at the height of the pandemic last season, should now look at changing the setup to protect the most vulnerable clubs.

Reid, whose side follow the likes of fellow lower league clubs Forfar and Falkirk to be affected by Covid issues, told Lanarkshire Live Sport: "I hope that they [the SPFL] look at this situation.

"There's only 27 leagues games this season - and less than that left now - and if this continues into the league for a club like Albion Rovers with a small squad, it could have a catastrophic effect on the club.

"End of the season you find yourself bottom of the league and having to go into play-offs due to things outwith your control.

"If there was ever a reason to look at league reconstruction it should be this season, not last season with the way things are now.

"There's more reason to look at it now than there was last season.

"I've got four or five players missing every game.

"Every game this season we've never had the same group of players to choose from.

"We've had players out for this and that and some having to self-isolate.

"I hope that the authorities have a look at this because clubs with small squads are going to be at a disadvantage because of this.

"Maybe some other clubs can ride the storm because they have a big squad, but if I'm missing four or five players it's going to cause all sorts of problems."We've never been able to play our strongest squad yet.

"The league is the most important thing and 27 league games doesn't give you much of an opportunity if you get a poor start to turn things around.

"I don't think it is fair for anyone - ourselves or Brechin or any team - to be in that position.

"If you look at the Lowland League, they've got teams with ambitions to come up and it makes more sense now to extend the league and bring teams like East Kilbride and Kelty, who are putting a lot of money into their clubs, up into it and look at Highland League and Colts again."

Rovers are currently joint-bottom of League Two with Brechin City on three points and the side who finishes bottom of the pile at the end of the campaign will have to contest a play-off with either the Highland or Lowland League champions to stay in the SPFL.

An SPFL statement this afternoon said Rovers will continue to liaise with the Scottish FA and Test and Protect to determine whether further players or staff have been impacted.

And Reid added: "We had two players phoning in this morning saying they weren't feeling well.

"We had other players missing and the kitman said he wasn't feeling well as well.

"We were down to the bare bones and I think the decision was made to the benefit of everyone because we were really struggling to get a team together.

"It's not excuses, it's just facts.

"I hope we don't finish down the bottom of the league, but even if we didn't it, the way things are this season it wouldn't be fair on whoever does.

"If I've got four or five players missing for next week it puts us at a big disadvantage.

"I've got one self-isolating because a family member had it.

"Gregor Fotheringham tested positive so he has to self-isolate and we've got a couple of others out with injuries.

"Now we've got two others today saying they don't feel well.

"At this time of year, it could be that they just don't feel well.

"People get colds and flu at this time of year, but because there is so much fear mongering now and people are scared of it, they've got to get tested and we need to be careful.

"Now I've got half a dozen or more players out so it leaves us really short.

"It will have a major effect on us in the league."

36 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

f**k off ....

57 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I threw a wish in the well.