COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 hours ago, Green Day said:

If we are curtailed, and Budge has to do the biggest volte face in history and state that promotion and relegation DO happen this year and it is THE ONLY honourable outcome -  his (and lets face it lots of the nuggets over there) heads will explode.

Budge doesn't have to state anything. Precedent has been set. 

Although she's on record as saying it's not right to punish teams unfairly during the pandemic so I'd expect her to stick to that. However, would relegating say Hamilton really be punishing someone unfairly given they dodged a playoff last time?

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 hours ago, Lex said:

Got to admire the length and consistency of this meltdown.
Six months of this and he’s still going.
Poor lad’s been completely broken by Hearts relegation.

The ill feeling will last a while. Get used to it and just take your medicine. 

12 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Amazing the league started on the exact day the SPFL wanted. Contact football was allowed from end June. Plenty time to play at minimum a short playoff tournament to sort out the other relegation and promotion positions.

Yeah, the play offs would have been nice. Hearts wouldn't have been in them though.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Dear @Lex,

go to the OP and edit the thread title by changing the word "Football" to "Premiership".

Thanks,

Everybody.

Still affects the rest of Scottish football. St Mirren seemingly doing their best to get the league stopped as early as possible could affect the Championship for example. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, the play offs would have been nice. Hearts wouldn't have been in them though.

Who cares. You seem to read my posts so you know my annoyance is with the inconsistencies throughout the decision-making, eg the arbitrary nature of having "relegation" for some (hearts, Thistle, Stranraer) but not others (Hamilton, Brechin, etc). Same with promotion. Fine for Raith, etc but not for Falkirk, etc. Cancelling playoffs, depsite time being there to play them, but not the SC. etc, etc. And the fact that clubs like Brechin and Hamilton were on the board that came up with the recommendations.

As a Dundee fan you seem fine with voting you rival a title AND voting to cancel playoffs that could have seen you promoted. Weird doesn't even cover it.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Who cares. You seem to read my posts so you know my annoyance is with the inconsistencies throughout the decision-making, eg the arbitrary nature of having "relegation" for some (hearts, Thistle, Stranraer) but not others (Hamilton, Brechin, etc). Same with promotion. Fine for Raith, etc but not for Falkirk, etc. Cancelling playoffs, depsite time being there to play them, but not the SC. etc, etc. And the fact that clubs like Brechin and Hamilton were on the board that came up with the recommendations.

As a Dundee fan you seem fine with voting you rival a title AND voting to cancel playoffs that could have seen you promoted. Weird doesn't even cover it.

You care clearly.

Maybe we voted the way we did because we see the bigger picture and it would benefit the majority of Scottish clubs or maybe it's because we are not petty and selfish.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You care clearly.

Maybe we voted the way we did because we see the bigger picture and it would benefit the majority of Scottish clubs or maybe it's because we are not petty and selfish.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes, maybe that was it. Maybe one day Dundee will tell everyone what this bigger picture was?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Paisley is turning into Covid central...

35 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Just put them down to League 2. Utter shambles of a club.

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Just put them down to League 2. Utter shambles of a club.

Even teams with part-time players are managing to avoid outbreaks.

2 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

'Hearts' with a small 'h'. 

Intriguing...

With all the talk about how difficult it is to fit in fixtures that are postponed, why was the Kilmarnock v Motherwell match from 2nd October not played this midweek? You would have thought that to alleviate a potential fixture congestion in the near future you would get any called off match played asap like the Aberdeen v Hamilton game. Because there’s no fans and security to consider, matches can be played at the drop of a hat. Makes no sense to me.