COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Surely there already is a precedent set? Where you are at that point in time is where you finish. 
Can't see Hearts, the **** or Patrick Thistle agreeing to that. They wouldn't want to be seen as changing their position or being hypocritical.

Would they..?

47 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

In the event of an early end to the season, I would do whatever adversely affects Heart of Midlothian the most.

Hopefully, if given executive powers, Sir Neil will do the same.

Indeed. If the season can't be finished I hope the 12 Premiership clubs decide to not only call the league places on a PPG basis but to suspend relegation.

32 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Can't see Hearts, the **** or Patrick Thistle agreeing to that. They wouldn't want to be seen as changing their position or being hypocritical.

Would they..?

Good spot, a very interesting point. 

I would also guess that these clubs - in a fit of pique - were some of those who decided not to allow the SPFL executive powers to make these hard decisions without recourse to the clubs.

It would be delicious irony if one or more of these clubs had to agree that "ending the league with positions as is" was a sensible decision for this season.

I wonder what the likes of Tom English or Ewen Murray would make of that disgraceful decision???????

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Indeed. If the season can't be finished I hope the 12 Premiership clubs decide to not only call the league places on a PPG basis but to suspend relegation.

That would be the fairest option as there would be no punishment through relegation for teams, no matter how shite they've been all season.  

I reckon there will be further focus on discussing options on how the season could be finished. Now we have covid protocols in place, I don’t think we will see an indefinite shut down again to the extent we had back in March.

If there is a vote to end the season again by PPG then I’d like to think Rangers would vote the same way but I can’t honestly say for definite if it turned out we were ahead. If that makes me a hypocrite, it’s something I’ll learn to live with 😂

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No relegation won't be a thing. That would have to be decided before the leagues began.

Not if championship had reduced fixtures. Let’s say they only played 15 games. It would be null and voided. I think that they will have to come up with a number of games of where null and void and average points would be used

if another lockdown is brought in as in Ireland tonight for 6 weeks,  do you see football being allowed in non elite situations?

3 minutes ago, flood said:

Not if championship had reduced fixtures. Let’s say they only played 15 games. It would be null and voided. I think that they will have to come up with a number of games of where null and void and average points would be used

if another lockdown is brought in as in Ireland tonight for 6 weeks,  do you see football being allowed in non elite situations?

Both the League of Ireland and the First Division are both going to continue to play during the 6 week lockdown in Ireland (as far as we know - the actual confirmation comes in ten minutes when the Taiosigh host a press conference).

If Scotland goes back into lockdown, I'd imagine similar rules will apply.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Both the League of Ireland and the First Division are both going to continue to play during the 6 week lockdown in Ireland (as far as we know - the actual confirmation comes in ten minutes when the Taiosigh host a press conference).

If Scotland goes back into lockdown, I'd imagine similar rules will apply.

Interesting. Are they testing all players in those leagues?

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 hour ago, TonyFerrino said:

That would be the fairest option as there would be no punishment through relegation for teams, no matter how shite they've been all season.  

You talk like that didn't happen last season. Brechin and Hamilton were shite all season. Dodged a playoff despite there being plenty time between contact football being allowed again and new seasons starting to play a mini playoff tournament as a curtain raiser. Those two clubs didn't have reps on the board that made the decision to abandon the playoffs did they by any chance?

No titles or promotion either then for all those clubs that put SO much into the season? It would be interesting to see clubs like Raith, D Utd and Celtic argue for that.

And once again, the pyramid abandoned? Really what's the point of the pyramid if it gets abandoned at the first sign of difficulty?

Whatever the "solution", it will be poorly thought our and inconsistent as f**k.

2 minutes ago, flood said:

Interesting. Are they testing all players in those leagues?

I don't think so, but I'm not sure. They certainly were testing the players involved in the CL and EL qualifying, but as far as I know they suspended the testing programme after that and wasn't revived for the LOI. I'd be amazed if the second tier players were being tested.

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

I don't think so, but I'm not sure. They certainly were testing the players involved in the CL and EL qualifying, but as far as I know they suspended the testing programme after that and wasn't revived for the LOI. I'd be amazed if the second tier players were being tested.

Are both the league of Ireland and first division considered elite level? 

In Scotland only top league classed as elite 

43 minutes ago, flood said:

Are both the league of Ireland and first division considered elite level? 

In Scotland only top league classed as elite 

There's a great deal of confusion over it at the minute apparently. It will all sort itself out over the next 48 hours, as the restrictions kick in on Wednesday night.

EDIT: Just to follow up on this, Ireland is allowing "all professional, elite sports and inter-county Gaelic games" to continue during restrictions under an exemption. So the LOI will continue, despite being a semi-professional league. It only has four games left to finish the season.  https://www.gov.ie/level5

Edited by G51

Surely there already is a precedent set? Where you are at that point in time is where you finish. 
There has to be a point in the season where that kicks in though. You surely wouldn't accept Dundee being relegated to League 1 if the season stopped tomorrow.

Just now, craigkillie said:
5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

There has to be a point in the season where that kicks in though. You surely wouldn't accept Dundee being relegated to League 1 if the season stopped tomorrow.

Hawd the fuckin bus, ah thot we agreed on nae relegation? 

10 hours ago, Lex said:

IMG_3920.jpg

Least contingency plans being drawn up this time. Wonder if they will publicise a cut off point for how many games need to be played for the league to be called or voided.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54604857

Agreeing on a cut off of games and publicising it is the only sensible way to go. I reckon 22 for the Premiership and 18 for the lower leagues make sense, but can see the arguments for 19 & 13/14 respectively.

You also need to consider what happens if the leagues are called at a point where most clubs in a division have met the threshold but one or two haven't, and what to do if for example League One met the threshold while the Championship didn't; back to reconstruction talks for months again?

Getting an agreement on this should have been a priority before the season started as soon as clubs were clear that they (rightly) wouldn't hand the power to decide to the board unilaterally, but hopefully discussions advance quickly enough that no club is finding themselves adrift at the bottom of their division and voting purely out of self-interest to protect themselves from relegation.

10 hours ago, G51 said:

There's a great deal of confusion over it at the minute apparently. It will all sort itself out over the next 48 hours, as the restrictions kick in on Wednesday night.

EDIT: Just to follow up on this, Ireland is allowing "all professional, elite sports and inter-county Gaelic games" to continue during restrictions under an exemption. So the LOI will continue, despite being a semi-professional league. It only has four games left to finish the season.  https://www.gov.ie/level5

And here in Scotland we allowed all leagues outwith the Scottish Amateur FA's jurisdiction to continue in the central belt after the banning of all 'non Professional contact sports' - the SFA had to argue with the Scottish Government for that but they succeeded. So guys playing for expenses alone (as a fair proportion are) were green lighted to play. The SG's own definition of 'Professional' was people who earned their main income from playing sport (or words to that effect).