COVID-19 In Scottish Football

I heard Jason Leitch on a podcast saying it's likely next summer will be when we see the return of fans to stadiums. He spoke of having a list of restrictions, schools/universities, care home/hospital visits, bars, restaurants, cinemas/theaters, tourism, non professional sports, youth activities, work restrictions, soft plays...... a huge list and a vast array of things to consider. He mentioned that if you open up one thing you may have to consider shutting something else, that was some of the reasoning behind the closing of the bars and restaurants we are seeing just now. Basically letting fans in stadiums was not near the top of the pecking order.

Unless it was a different podcast to last week's BBC one, he was talking about full houses, not the return of fans full stop.
Whilst you're almost certainly right, it wouldn't surprise me if he's now saying something completely contradictory to previously.

Saints v Motherwell the latest Premiership game to fall victim to COVID. With the rise in cases and restrictions elsewhere in society and winter approaching...

I feel like the chances of finishing the season are looking fairly bleak to be honest.

I'm about 95% sure the season will finish. There are absolutely no problems in terms of finding dates to reschedule games not involving Celtic or Rangers, and it will only become an issue for those two clubs if they keep progressing in Europe. If they do, there has already been provision made to play three/four games in a week if required.

Seems that some football folk just don't get that they aren't a special case. Every industry wants exemptions and/or special treatment. They all have similar arguments too. But unfortunately not every industry can get exemptions just now. Football is no different. Patience is required, as difficult as that may be for various reasons.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Seems that some football folk just don't get that they aren't a special case. Every industry wants exemptions and/or special treatment. They all have similar arguments too. But unfortunately not every industry can get exemptions just now. Football is no different. Patience is required, as difficult as that may be for various reasons.

Aye but....

I understand the Dons frustration (we all do) but when he mentions holiday flights he omits facts such as anyone flying to Cyprus for instance needs clear proof at the Cypriot end that they have been tested within 72 hours of flying and can show they were negative, otherwise they will be fined and chucked on a play back home. A track and trace also operates so if someone on the flight tests positive in Cyprus you can spend your holiday locked down in your hotel. 

Is the Don's boss advocating all fans to be tested before entry to the stadium? Then fined if they are found to be lying?

On 17/10/2020 at 07:27, craigkillie said:

I'm about 95% sure the season will finish. There are absolutely no problems in terms of finding dates to reschedule games not involving Celtic or Rangers, and it will only become an issue for those two clubs if they keep progressing in Europe. If they do, there has already been provision made to play three/four games in a week if required.

Agreed. Leagues will adapt.

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

IMG_3920.jpg

Least contingency plans being drawn up this time. Wonder if they will publicise a cut off point for how many games need to be played for the league to be called or voided.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54604857

Should have done this before the season started but better late than never