COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, andrewh said:

Yawn. Anderson gave the money, not Hearts. Irrelevant who he supports.

Convenient. He was however introduced to the SPFL by Budge. Doncaster, the genius that he is, ignored him at first and she had to step in. 🤣

Fact is some teams have done more than others. Celtic and Rangers could pay for testing for all lower league clubs. All the prize money for this season could be used to ensure games go ahead.

Guest 8GamesToGo
17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You obviously couldn’t help it, and every time I find myself replying to this person I slap myself around a little bit.

Well that's an unexpected bonus.

Guest 8GamesToGo
15 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

tenor (3).gif

The brass neck on you. Fan of a team that voted themselves out of trouble when Thistle had a game in hand. Did you even vote in favour of reconstruction to at least try to make amends? Not sire I'm the lizard mate. Hate to tell you this - you and others who acted the same way are the baddies.

Maybe that's why you all lash out. The guilt, the guilt 🤣 Or if there's no guilt, that really does make you c***s. Your choice I suppose.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

I take your point but this wasn't a first team player so to ban the Edinburgh first team for what a youth player done would be very harsh. I have no idea about any youth football players catching covid but imagine a scenario where 1 Rangers under 19 player tested positive do you believe they would postpone a Rangers SPL match?

Players catching covid isn't the problem. St Mirren's first team had two covid cases and were allowed to play on. The issue is players breaking the rules. I have no doubt that if a StMirren youth player had broken the rules (even without catching covid) around the same time as Bolingoli and the Aberdeen 8 then the club would have been punished by the government.

Guest 8GamesToGo
15 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You planning on making your own version of this @8GamesToGo?

received_327832298471796.jpeg

I agree with the sentiment. Kelty and Brora deserve their place too. Karma is hopefully a thing though and the clubs that acted like c***s - too many to list - will hopefully get what c***s deserve. To be fair, literally no club is happy right now even the ones that went full c**t to safeguard themselves at the expense of these clubs in the flag.

The supreme irony, and the reason we may well have the last laugh, is Budge - for all her faults - has secured funding for several more years to get us through this, even considering our current position, and FoH is going stronger than ever. Maybe we'll share the wealth and try to find solutions collaboratively? Again. Or maybe we'll enjoy the schadenfreude. What would you do?

31 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The brass neck on you. Fan of a team that voted themselves out of trouble when Thistle had a game in hand. Did you even vote in favour of reconstruction to at least try to make amends? Not sire I'm the lizard mate. Hate to tell you this - you and others who acted the same way are the baddies.

Maybe that's why you all lash out. The guilt, the guilt 🤣 Or if there's no guilt, that really does make you c***s. Your choice I suppose.

Hahahaha

giphy (5).gif

45 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

He scored? Exciting. Just 6 more and he'll have the same as Craig Halkett got for us last season. That million pound offer is surely just caught in some email "quarantine system" or somethings as standard these days.

We have one fewer win in eight games than Hearts managed in 30 last season, if that helps. Or, to put it another way, we have reached 44% of Hearts's points total from last season in our first eight matches. Lies, damned lies, etc.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Players catching covid isn't the problem. St Mirren's first team had two covid cases and were allowed to play on. The issue is players breaking the rules. I have no doubt that if a StMirren youth player had broken the rules (even without catching covid) around the same time as Bolingoli and the Aberdeen 8 then the club would have been punished by the government.

Do you know the circumstances of this youth players party? Was it a massive party or was it a few friends in a house? To compare full time highly paid professional one of which plays for the most high profile sporting institute in the country to what probably is a part time student who plays rugby is unrealistic. I imagine he did get a dressing down but that wouldn't have been made public. The SRU said they were treating the matter very seriously, I doubt the player was told behind closed doors that it was okay to do what he did.

Bolingoli made a massive mistake, Aberdeen players made a stupid mistake, I don't even think there cases are comparable and then this rugby case is different again. We are comparing 3 different breaches of protocols and wanting the same punishment.

Also the rugby season is finished, the only game to be played after this positive test was an Edinburgh European game. Celtic were still allowed to play in Europe against Reykjavik even though their domestic games were suspended at the time so this doesn't back up that the sports were being treated differently. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
9 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We have one fewer win in eight games than Hearts managed in 30 last season, if that helps. Or, to put it another way, we have reached 44% of Hearts's points total from last season in our first eight matches. Lies, damned lies, etc.

Eight games you say? Almost like a lot can happen in 8 games?

Anyhow, well done. In our first season back in the top flight we won our first five in a row. We finished 3rd. And in our promotion season we genuinely had won the league after 30 games instead of needing to vote it through. Good effort though.

17 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Eight games you say? Almost like a lot can happen in 8 games?

Anyhow, well done. In our first season back in the top flight we won our first five in a row. We finished 3rd. And in our promotion season we genuinely had won the league after 30 games instead of needing to vote it through. Good effort though.

And last year Hearts lost. On and off the pitch. Cheers for paying actual money to take our manager though, allowing us to get a better manager. Love you xx

Hearts Hearts greetin faced Hearts

down in the Championship they play

the laughing stock of the toon are the boys in maroon

and auld Budge continues to rob them blind.

They've won the league flag and they've won the league cup

Though they just went back down will they ever come up

Their forwards can't score and it's no idle talk

Their defence is as weak as the pish 8GamesToGo does talk.

Guest 8GamesToGo
32 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

And last year Hearts lost. On and off the pitch. Cheers for paying actual money to take our manager though, allowing us to get a better manager. Love you xx

Your better manager doesn't seem to be doing a better job so far than ours did last time he was in the Premiership.

2 hours ago, andrewh said:

Yawn. Anderson gave the money, not Hearts. Irrelevant who he supports.

As an aside,  where did that money end up going? Not to the clubs to use to keep them afloat, as seemed to be the initial intention, but to "community projects".  Whose wizard wheeze was that?

4 hours ago, Lex said:

No fans in the ground till March at the earliest apparently.

What Scottish club is going into admin first I wonder...

Was worried for a second until I realized you said “club”.

My own “club” will be completely fine. The holding company may not be right enough.

Should be a great League 2/WOSFL next season.

1 hour ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I agree with the sentiment. Kelty and Brora deserve their place too. Karma is hopefully a thing though and the clubs that acted like c***s - too many to list - will hopefully get what c***s deserve. To be fair, literally no club is happy right now even the ones that went full c**t to safeguard themselves at the expense of these clubs in the flag.

The supreme irony, and the reason we may well have the last laugh

oh no cooking GIF by Fox TV

I find it rude, quite frankly, that Hearts have been relegated for months and 8GTG still hasn't introduced himself to his peers on the Scottish Championship General Chatter.

The next couple of years in the doldrums will be even harder if you don't make any friends.

2 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Great football administrator!

Not really. HIs annual salary could pay for testing machines for every team in the championship. Not Hearts. We pay our own way.

Recently, yes.  Before that, not so much.  

I'm pleased you're back pal.