COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Without UK Gov extending furlough or giving Scottish Gov the rights to borrow money for themselves (which definitely won't happen) Scotland really couldn't afford to shut everything for 2 week so can't see that happening. 

Doing so without furlough will just be counter productive as well as many will have no choice but to continue to work in trades like hairdressing as they'll have no income otherwise. 

Same issue in football though as all the club's have signed players, many now training again with the hope fans might have been back sometime before or just after Christmas. Now that it's looking to be well into spring at the earliest, they're a wee bit fucked paying all these players without any income potentially for a whole season...

Had concerns about our signing strategy but might be Morton have done the right thing.

Had a limited budget and added a couple of players to those already contracted this season. 

Currently looking at cheap loan deals to make the squad up.

Yes we don't look a series challengers, but might avoid relegation and more seriously administration.

It is going to be ugly both on and off the field.

Guest DAVIDB69
Scotland has tended to be stricter on Covid closedowns, so I expect it to be the same for you as well.

Yes whatever Johnson throws out today which she will already know , she will take it that bit further

Guest DAVIDB69
No fans in the ground till March at the earliest apparently.

What Scottish club is going into admin first I wonder...

First of many will the lower leagues even begin

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The punishment of the player is entirely the responsibility of the rugby authorities, just in the same way that the punishment of Bolingoli and the Aberdeen players was down to the SFA. However, the Scottish government did punish the clubs involved by choosing to force the postponement of matches on a very flimsy public health premise. Therefore it is entirely reasonable to expect that they might do similar to Glasgow Warriors, but they chose not to.

I just don't see them as the same level. Bolingoli left to go to a country that meant he had to quarantine. The Aberdeen 8 were out at the pubs when the emphasis at the start of the season was that these players were to be very sensible as there was a huge spotlight on them.

This is a youth player who was at a house party and as I mentioned probably isn't being paid as I doubt rugby has the finance to pay the youth players. If a Dundee youth player had been at a house party he wouldn't be expected to get the same punishment as the Aberdeen or Celtic players as there is nowhere near the same profile on them and I would put an unpaid rugby youth more on par with a youth team player from Dundee than the full time SPL players.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear enough, in fact I definitely didn’t. I was meaning how the government are dealing with the two sports. When Aberdeen and Celtic had their problems with players, the Scottish Government ensured that the two clubs matches were postponed, whereas this hasn’t happened with rugby.

I take your point but this wasn't a first team player so to ban the Edinburgh first team for what a youth player done would be very harsh. I have no idea about any youth football players catching covid but imagine a scenario where 1 Rangers under 19 player tested positive do you believe they would postpone a Rangers SPL match?

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The punishment of the player is entirely the responsibility of the rugby authorities, just in the same way that the punishment of Bolingoli and the Aberdeen players was down to the SFA. However, the Scottish government did punish the clubs involved by choosing to force the postponement of matches on a very flimsy public health premise. Therefore it is entirely reasonable to expect that they might do similar to Glasgow Warriors, but they chose not to.

Are there any Scottish rugby matches to postpone?

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

They also gave football a very public dressing down and threatened to shut the game down completely. 

There is definitely a different standard being applied and I think football has the right to feel a bit hard done by.

Feeling a bit hard done by? Maybe you should just take your medicine? 

All of this - no fans, lower leagues not being able to play - was flagged as a probably outcome months ago. Scottish football could have got together to sort it and protect each other. Come up with solutions around reconstruction that ensured clubs confident of playing without fans could do so, with money drip fed to teams having to mothball. Ironically, the only club that has stepped up is Hearts with our fans contributing to the league as a whole through Anderson and to Thistle, Stranraer and other teams shafted through ordinary fans.

Teams like Brechin, Hamilton, St Mirren, etc voted themselves out pf relegation trouble, Aberdeen and Well voted themselves into Europe, Raith voted themselves a title and so on. And the richest club of all hasn't contributed a bean, or even taken an active part in coming up with solutions. 

How's that for having "the right to feel hard done by"?

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

All of this - no fans, lower leagues not being able to play - was flagged as a probably outcome months ago. Scottish football could have got together to sort it and protect each other. Come up with solutions around reconstruction that ensured clubs confident of playing without fans could do so, with money drip fed to teams having to mothball. Ironically, the only club that has stepped up is Hearts with our fans contributing to the league as a whole through Anderson and to Thistle, Stranraer and other teams shafted through ordinary fans.

Teams like Brechin, Hamilton, St Mirren, etc voted themselves out pf relegation trouble, Aberdeen and Well voted themselves into Europe, Raith voted themselves a title and so on. And the richest club of all hasn't contributed a bean, or even taken an active part in coming up with solutions. 

All of that was definitely relevant to a rugby player attending a house party. Another good contribution fella.

Guest 8GamesToGo
23 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Celtic FC could bail out the lower leagues with the Kieran Tierney transfer money alone.

Maybe it's time for that particular club to give something back to Scottish football.

Been saying that from the start. Finally you're coming to your senses.

Maybe all the "elite" clubs should have stepped up? Instead they were happy for a handful of clubs to take all the financial hit.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Dons_1988 said:

All of that was definitely relevant to a rugby player attending a house party. Another good contribution fella.

It was relevant to your comment. And relevant to the attitude of Scottish football towards the clubs executed to take the hit for everyone.

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

default_gratepoast.gif.947fdc35b02b96d0ebf803dd57caccb1.gif

Spoiler

Not really.

216845870_20200802_132512(2).png.2807f4892c0b0830825bc28d4cb9a315.png

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You obviously couldn’t help it, and every time I find myself replying to this person I slap myself around a little bit.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

default_gratepoast.gif.947fdc35b02b96d0ebf803dd57caccb1.gif

Hide contents

Not really.

216845870_20200802_132512(2).png.2807f4892c0b0830825bc28d4cb9a315.png

Great football administrator!

Not really. HIs annual salary could pay for testing machines for every team in the championship. Not Hearts. We pay our own way.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

13 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

tenor (3).gif

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 19/09/2020 at 09:00, Szamo's_Ammo said:

You'll enjoy his strike on the highlights tonight. That's United sitting pretty in 6th in the Premiership btw.

He scored? Exciting. Just 6 more and he'll have the same as Craig Halkett got for us last season. That million pound offer is surely just caught in some email "quarantine system" or somethings as standard these days.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Yawn. Anderson gave the money, not Hearts. Irrelevant who he supports.