COVID-19 In Scottish Football

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It will interesting to see at what point a game will be cancelled.

Would assume it's either when they keep getting positive cases and can't be certain there are no players with Covid playing the match; or when there are too many cases and the team don't have 13 available players for a squad.

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Would assume it's either when they keep getting positive cases and can't be certain there are no players with Covid playing the match; or when there are too many cases and the team don't have 13 available players for a squad.

Also if the death toll goes up even if players are in this pretend bubble it wouldn't seem right playing football.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It will interesting to see at what point a game will be cancelled.

I presume it'll be based on if the clubs can't confirm the spread is contained. 

IE there's X number of positive cases and then if it's deemed nearly all the squad need to self isolate as a precaution due to being in close proximity with the confirmed positives then surely they'd have to call it off? 

Just guessing though...

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This 13 players thing is a UEFA rule for their competitions, I haven't seen anything credible to suggest that's the SPFL's position. Clearly missing a handful of players is not going to be enough though.

The credibility and integrity of the league comes into question if that happens.  

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Also if the death toll goes up even if players are in this pretend bubble it wouldn't seem right playing football.

Players aren't in any sort of bubble, that's a complete myth. Other people are still going to have to continue working, why would footballers be any different?

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

The credibility and integrity of the league comes into question if that happens.  

Not any more so that when there is an injury crisis somewhere or whatever. Having a slightly disrupted season is better that having no season at all.

Lol wut, will we just stop all the kids going back to school if it keeps going up as well? And put half the country back on the soon to be non-existent furlough if it keeps going up?

Or it should maybe just be accepted that as restrictions are lifted the death toll will probably rise slightly along with them.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Lol wut, will we just stop all the kids going back to school if it keeps going up as well? And put half the country back on the soon to be non-existent furlough if it keeps going up?

3 players positive= deduct 3 points from Hearts IMO

I hope you're happy, Hamilton.

There's no way games will be cancelled, especially not for just 3 players testing positive. I'm sure Willy will still debate it with himself for the next 3 or 4 pages though. Bless him.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Players aren't in any sort of bubble, that's a complete myth. Other people are still going to have to continue working, why would footballers be any different?

Not any more so that when there is an injury crisis somewhere or whatever. Having a slightly disrupted season is better that having no season at all.

The fact that players are being tested twice a week puts them in an unique position.
Granted the show must stay open even if teams are left playing their u20's.

13 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

3 players positive= deduct 3 points from Hearts IMO

I hope you're happy, Hamilton.

There's no way games will be cancelled, especially not for just 3 players testing positive. I'm sure Willy will still debate it with himself for the next 3 or 4 pages though. Bless him.

I don't see any club still playing with just 13 players.

Killie were 4/5 before this, wonder what price they'll be now.

I was looking for odds last night but couldn’t see anything with the usual bookies, they must have knew something was up and took to off.

Given it’s allegedly 3 youth players, if Accies or draw double chance comes out significantly it could be worth a few quid.

9 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I was looking for odds last night but couldn’t see anything with the usual bookies, they must have knew something was up and took to off.

Given it’s allegedly 3 youth players, if Accies or draw double chance comes out significantly it could be worth a few quid.

Bet 365 had them up this morning.

Screenshot_20200915-125958.thumb.jpg.1ab9e62c8f69ea48e41b1b5f1af7a060.jpg

Be interesting to see what price Accies are later, if they half the Killie price to 2/5, you'd be looking at Accies roughly 7/4 double chance. As you say, might be worth a punt.

4 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Bet 365 had them up this morning.

Screenshot_20200915-125958.thumb.jpg.1ab9e62c8f69ea48e41b1b5f1af7a060.jpg

Be interesting to see what price Accies are later, if they half the Killie price to 2/5, you'd be looking at Accies roughly 7/4 double chance. As you say, might be worth a punt.

Alnwick and Lyness should be back for Saints on Saturday. Kilmarnock game now removed from Bet365

image.png.07486a4b1d7f2d5f85e05ddb664342b4.png