COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Celtic and Sevco might be the most problematic in determining who gets into their games. With supports and season ticket holders of a wider geographical dispersion than other clubs countrywide, I'm not too sure the Scottish Government will be in favour of large numbers of supporters travelling distances for home fixtures any time soon.

The problem with bigger clubs getting crowds back isn't necessarily to do with how widespread their support is. I think they're more concerned about (over)crowding on public transport, e.g. the subway on Ibrox matchdays. 

20 minutes ago, Romeo said:
1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:
Who are 'they'? It will be the clubs which have to check the location of season ticket holders, and have responsibility for this, as has happened for the three trial sporting fixtures so far.

Interesting, how far away do you have to live before you're not allowed to attend a game?

Within the city the club plays in would simplify it, presumably?

If that proves problematic for fans of a couple of clubs who - for reasons that have nothing to do with football - choose to travel from (say) Ireland, or 120+ miles away in Scotland, then they might just need to wait a while.

If that proves problematic for fans of a couple of clubs who - for reasons that have nothing to do with football - choose to travel from (say) Ireland, or 120+ miles away in Scotland, then they might just need to wait a while.
So Hibs fans who stay in Glasgow won't be able to attend games at Easter Road if fans are allowed in?

Just now, Romeo said:
1 hour ago, Green Day said:

So Hibs fans who stay in Glasgow won't be able to attend games at Easter Road if fans are allowed in?

Yep, certainly for the initial test events I would be surprised if they were on "the list".

As someone mentioned above, the govt dont want people travelling all over the place for events and certainly not from other countries.

This is probably not such a massive issue for 90% of the top flight clubs.

p.s. I may - obviously - be talking shite !!

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

While numbers are reduced, correct

Yep, certainly for the initial test events I would be surprised if they were on "the list".
As someone mentioned above, the govt dont want people travelling all over the place for events and certainly not from other countries.
This is probably not such a massive issue for 90% of the top flight clubs.

p.s. I may - obviously - be talking shite !!
While numbers are reduced, correct
Hadn't thought of this. Increases my chances of attending I suppose.

I’m not sure I understand this thought process.

I live around 30 miles from Ibrox. Say for instance, I was to drive in my own car and park near Ibrox. In what way will I have an increased risk of spreading the virus compared to someone that lives in the city that jumps on a bus or the subway, in close proximity to lots of other people?

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I live around 30 miles from Ibrox. Say for instance, I was to drive in my own car and park near Ibrox. In what way will I have an increased risk of spreading the virus compared to someone that lives in the city that jumps on a bus or the subway, in close proximity to lots of other people?

Agree with you re 'thought process'. But there are many anomalies in all areas of the guidelines.

I’m resigned to the fact that I’ll be in the last group of season holders to be accepted back to Tannadice, as it’s presently being planned on a distance basis. Suppose clubs won’t be asking supporters how they plan to get to the grounds, and it’s more practical to set out objectives based simply on home locations.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:
3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:
Who are 'they'? It will be the clubs which have to check the location of season ticket holders, and have responsibility for this, as has happened for the three trial sporting fixtures so far.

Interesting, how far away do you have to live before you're not allowed to attend a game?

What's the stat for how close all the Celtic European Cup team lived to Parkhead? 

That's the answer. 

38 minutes ago, AJF said:

You wouldn't, but not everyone has a car. Plenty of fans use public transport. The guidelines have to be general otherwise they become pointless.

I think you know this.

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You wouldn't, but not everyone has a car. Plenty of fans use public transport. The guidelines have to be general otherwise they become pointless.

I think you know this.

I appreciate why they’d be inclined to implement such a policy, but it is shortsighted and I was trying to highlight why it is flawed logic because there are many variables.

I’d be fairly confident that a larger portion of fans residing in Glasgow will use public transport and increase the potential exposure of the virus compared to those travelling from out with the city.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:
41 minutes ago, resk said:
No. The area covered by Aberdeen City Council, and the area covered by Aberdeenshire Council. Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire - two separate areas.

Aberdeen is in Aberdeenshire?

Aberdeen is not in the Aberdeenshire council area.

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:
6 minutes ago, Green Day said:
Aberdeen is not in the Aberdeenshire council area.

That doesn't answer my question.

@resk told you it was 2 council areas - Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire...........

Edited by Green Day