COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Aberdeen have just said they're expecting the go-ahead for a test event with 300 this weekend and then to be allowed 750 the following weekend.

Unless I've picked it up wrong, was the idea not to hold test events before the 14th September so that when that date came, every ground would be able to hold spectators instead of having to apply as trial events? The Aberdeen statement made it sound like the 750 is also a test event.

Edited by G51

Unless I've picked it up wrong, was the idea not to hold test events before the 14th September so that when that date came, every ground would be able to hold spectators instead of having to apply as trial events? The Aberdeen statement made it sound like the 750 is also a test event.

Aberdeen are keen to make it sound like the latter is a test event because their snake oil salesman of a chairman was using the restrictions as a marketing tool for their season tickets.

He made the claim that they were expecting 7000 fans to be allowed inside Pittodrie once fans could return, so the first 7000 would get priority access to games. It was a fairly obvious piece of bullshit when he said it, but now he'd look a bit daft if he was like "erm, aye, it's actually 750 for now". This is him buying time while the numbers allowed in gradually increase.

On 04/09/2020 at 12:26, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

For f**k sake. Go away with your pish. At least talk about football. 

What a gov's meant to do? Just let people die from it? You'd just be out accusing them of negligence for that as well. 

Finally caved and reported him, I’d say it’d make him a martyr but he’s probably out licking toilet seats to stick it to the mask-controllers

14 minutes ago, stressball said:

Finally caved and reported him, I’d say it’d make him a martyr but he’s probably out licking toilet seats to stick it to the mask-controllers

I'm no expert on all things covid but this notion that the whole situation is for a virus less infectious/deadly than the flu is comical. Anti-mask type conspiracy theorists spreading those falsehoods are dangerous. 

If these idiots actually followed the rules then the whole situation will come to a close quicker too. The fact they don't just means it'll go on considerably longer. Many countries that from day 1 followed the rules are already "back to normal". 

I appreciate people shouldn't just take every single piece of information particularly in modern internet days as "fact" but for f**k sake between the mental looney Hearts fans now the covid c***s some folk shouldn't be allowed independent thinking 😂😂😂

If he posted his view once then continued to join in in the football chat then I wouldn't be so bothered. 

I've ended up just going off in a rant... That's what international week does to me 😂

14 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If these idiots actually followed the rules then the whole situation will come to a close quicker too. The fact they don't just means it'll go on considerably longer. Many countries that from day 1 followed the rules are already "back to normal". 

What country is back to normal?

Even New Zealand who in my uneducated opinion handled the outbreak the best have seen rising cases again.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The government will be driven by whether protocols have been followed.

They can't punish football because someone got infected going about their life.

That’s the theory, aye.

But ultimately the protocols are judged by results.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

That’s the theory, aye.

But ultimately the protocols are judged by results.

I don't think that's true.

Even if so, if one player is positive and it hasn't spread to anyone else at St Mirren, that would suggest to me that whatever St mirren is doing is working.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I don't think that's true.

Even if so, if one player is positive and it hasn't spread to anyone else at St Mirren, that would suggest to me that whatever St mirren is doing is working.

Well it is true, because otherwise how else are the protocols judged?

The protocols don’t just apply to St Mirren, they apply to individual players too (as best we know, since to my knowledge they haven’t actually been published yet)

Like you say, one infection isn’t a big deal but it’ll be interesting to know whether it’s actually an infection or not. Because if we start to get a few, particularly for teams based in areas currently locked down, they might consider changing the protocols. And that could impact on a number of things: freedom of the players, training, tests carried out etc

Well it is true, because otherwise how else are the protocols judged?

The protocols don’t just apply to St Mirren, they apply to individual players too (as best we know, since to my knowledge they haven’t actually been published yet)
Like you say, one infection isn’t a big deal but it’ll be interesting to know whether it’s actually an infection or not. Because if we start to get a few, particularly for teams based in areas currently locked down, they might consider changing the protocols. And that could impact on a number of things: freedom of the players, training, tests carried out etc
Where is locked down currently ? The restrictions are merely going into someone elses house hardly lockdown and bugger all to do with 1 footballer testing positive. He's isolating, no one else has tested positive and life goes on, it's how we are going to live with this.