COVID-19 In Scottish Football

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

If they have been training already and have the steps in place to meet the SPFL’s COVID-19 protocols they’ve set out then it does seem a nonsense decision. The same applies to any club that are able to adhere to these policies. 

Aberdeen and Celtic claimed they were all set. Apparently they hadn't remembered to explain the rules clearly enough to their players.  

Edited by welshbairn

Disrupting planned pre season training that was fairly expensive to arrange makes no difference?
Raith have had players in for COVID testing last week ahead of the planned return next week - I assume the other teams starting on the 17th would have done the same so all the teams are spending money.

Like it or not, all of the teams in the same league need to be treated the same - you can't have 9 teams banned from training while the other one gets to without a very good reason.

I’m sorry, but it’s the pedantic in me. Why do people when talking about different aspects of Scottish football, continually get it wrong by blaming the SFA for things when they have little or nothing to do with the point that they are trying to make. The reason that “Elite” football, which doesn’t include Hearts, is playing, is down to mainly the Scottish Government, and also the SPFL.

Do you not mean the ‘pedant’?

27 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

No it will be reviewed in a week which isn't the same thing at all.

That's plenty time for one of your thick/ selfish cretins to really f**k up.

Punishment has be put in place for individual players there was always going to be teething problems.
I'm glad the lower leagues didn't start at the same time as the top league because the game would've been shut down again.
Football isn't needed in the governments eyes it's not essential so it's baby steps.
The country needs to be in a better place for the lower leagues to start up again.
The Aberdeen lockdown was a set back and the schools opening was another step forward.

20 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

And can someone remind me of the punishment doled out to Rangers* for the much more serious offence of playing a friendly without confirmation of test results?

Poor show from you, old chap.  I thought we were big pals with you blokes from Stranraer.

No punishment as we did nothing wrong despite lurid stories from your big Grey and Green pals.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Punishment has be put in place for individual players there was always going to be teething problems.
I'm glad the lower leagues didn't start at the same time as the top league because the game would've been shut down again.
Football isn't needed in the governments eyes it's not essential so it's baby steps.
The country needs to be in a better place for the lower leagues to start up again.
The Aberdeen lockdown was a set back and the schools opening was another step forward.

Celtic knew about the proposed £2.3m bid from Amiens before Lawell booked Bolingoli’s Ryanair flights to Spain imvho.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Celtic knew about the proposed £2.3m bid from Amiens before Lawell booked Bolingoli’s Ryanair flights to Spain imvho.

Nice one,Amiens is in France and they're looking at a young Liverpool left back Adam Lewis, Bolingoli may have feck that tae.  

Raith have had players in for COVID testing last week ahead of the planned return next week - I assume the other teams starting on the 17th would have done the same so all the teams are spending money.

Like it or not, all of the teams in the same league need to be treated the same - you can't have 9 teams banned from training while the other one gets to without a very good reason.
I'm not suggesting other teams should be banned from training as long as they have adequate arrangements in place.

The SPFL/SFA have gone into full blown panic mode.

On this occasion Raith are also affected but I guess you're just happy with "promotion ".

1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I'm not suggesting other teams should be banned from training as long as they have adequate arrangements in place.

The SPFL/SFA have gone into full blown panic mode.

On this occasion Raith are also affected but I guess you're just happy with "promotion ".

Why would any Raith fan be unhappy with their promotion?

5 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I'm sure they're not.
They're equally less likely to criticise any other decisions when they've been elevated without actually having to win the league.

Tears.

Why would Raith fans not criticise other decisions? It wasn't them who voted to end the leagues (that was many clubs, including Hearts). 

Are you one of those cretins who think that the leagues should have been played to a finish?