COVID-19 In Scottish Football

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you think Hearts should have been the only over 18 non Premiership team in the country allowed to train?

I was under the impression that all championship clubs were offered the chance to resume training, it's hardly hearts fault that the other clubs refused the offer.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

I was under the impression that all championship clubs were offered the chance to resume training, it's hardly hearts fault that the other clubs refused the offer.

Most of them were going to start on Monday. Training's banned till the 24th, I don't see why Hearts should be treated as a special case just because they were training last week.

Edited by welshbairn

My point is what I wrote in my first text to you when you then said that you didn’t post what you actually posted.
I haven't said that at all.

To be clear the government asked the football authorities to present a plan for football continuing safely.
That plan involved only premiership clubs being allowed to play or train.
The purpose is clear: keep the premiership going and to hell with the rest.

That includes amateur clubs, who are governed by the SFA but not the SPFL.

12 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I haven't said that at all.

To be clear the government asked the football authorities to present a plan for football continuing safely.
That plan involved only premiership clubs being allowed to play or train.
The purpose is clear: keep the premiership going and to hell with the rest.

That includes amateur clubs, who are governed by the SFA but not the SPFL.

It's a lot harder to find a elite bubble for football to be played in the lower league.

1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Granted but not impossible for all.
Are we always to be driven by the lowest common denominator?

Hearts find themselves in a league with part time players that will have other jobs which means the bubble would need to be wider.
Plus the track and trace for players will be harder to follow.

4 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

No it's the whole decision that's a nonsense.

It did seem to be the Scottish government view we could continue training though.

There have been a succession of players and ex-players on the air waves defending the Aberdeen players on the basis that the rules are too complicated for them to understand. Under pressure from the Scottish Government the SPFL have ordered a pause in training for leagues that don't have any games to play for a couple of months to ensure that everybody understands them, and procedures are in place. It's not the end of the world for Hearts or any of the other over 18 teams that have started training. It's a fair question to ask why they didn't put a pause on the Premiership whose clubs and players caused it, but, in a not ideal world, Sky money comes into play, and the limited time they have available to play the games they're under contract to provide.

Edited by welshbairn

There have been a succession of players and ex-players on the air waves defending the Aberdeen players on the basis that the rules are too complicated for them to understand. Under pressure from the Scottish Government the SPFL have ordered a pause in training for leagues that don't have any games to play for a couple of months to ensure that everybody understands them, and procedures are in place. It's not the end of the world for Hearts or any of the other over 18 teams that have started training. It's a fair question to ask why they didn't put a pause on the Premiership whose clubs and players caused it, but, in a not ideal world, Sky money comes into play, and the limited time they have available to play the games they're under contract to provide.
I don't actually disagree with a lot of that.

I don't think the rules were as complicated as some have suggested though, and the SPFL and SFA have clearly panicked.

The smaller teams, in the lower leagues i.e. Hearts need to to their bit to ensure that elite top level football can continue. 

If this means they need to stop training then so be it. 

Edited by jessmagic

34 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:
2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:
For me it's about getting things in place for the lower leagues, it makes no difference to hearts.

Disrupting planned pre season training that was fairly expensive to arrange makes no difference?

It's only a week you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Most of them were going to start on Monday. Training's banned till the 24th, I don't see why Hearts should be treated as a special case just because they were training last week.

If they have been training already and have the steps in place to meet the SPFL’s COVID-19 protocols they’ve set out then it does seem a nonsense decision. The same applies to any club that are able to adhere to these policies.