COVID-19 In Scottish Football

48 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

I don't get why Hearts think they should have special dispensation from every other lower league club and train before all the other clubs. Are they seeking a sporting advantage? or have they just completely forgotten they are a lower league club now? 

Hearts were already training though and, as far as I am aware, the other Championship teams were offered the opportunity to start training at the same time as them but declined to do so, for one reason or another.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Hearts were already training though and, as far as I am aware, the other Championship teams were offered the opportunity to start training at the same time as them but declined to do so, for one reason or another.

Possibly have players still on the furlough scheme & a return to training may invalidate this?  Just a guess, not a certainty.  

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Ffs I have 2 barbour jackets. I am from Perthshire though, do we get a pass?

It depends. 

If yer jacket is covered in coo shite and you get up at 4.30 to milk the coos and drive a tractor and tell folk to "get off your laaaand" because you're a fermer then you're likely a twat but not posh. 

If yer jacket goes with green wellies and you get up at 4.30 to blow the hell out of one of the world's crappiest birds with a shotgun and you own a land rover that isn't at least 30 years old  and tell folk to "get off your laaand" because your great great grandad got it for shagging the Duke's missus and throwing the natives off it then you're a posh twat. However bonus points for "accidentally" shooting any students who are acting as beaters :lol:

6 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Possibly have players still on the furlough scheme & a return to training may invalidate this?  Just a guess, not a certainty.  

Yep, quite possibly. I'm certain it'll be for financial reasons anyway.

I was just curious about arabdelic's claim that Hearts were looking to seek a sporting advantage when they had already been training when other teams weren't without anyone mentioning it.

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Yet another statement from Hearts last night. 

"Considering their options". What options?

The constant slightly threatning comments and war references are honestly pathetic but some knuckle draggers are buying every second of it. 

Situation might not be ideal for them but give it a rest ffs. 

war references eh? 

general-melchett-blackadder-quotes.jpg.55f7f0ca988e2cbdf5f378d891e2a7f0.jpg

One person I think who might be more of a Trainwreck than Hearts is that Iain McMenemy at Stenhousemuir. 
Public demanding change on SPFL board etc. You've got a vote. Do something about it then. Had the chance to go on the board himself! All talk.
McMenemy at one point earlier during this close season was calling for the relegation playoff from SPFL2 to be canned for two years.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Yep, quite possibly. I'm certain it'll be for financial reasons anyway.

I was just curious about arabdelic's claim that Hearts were looking to seek a sporting advantage when they had already been training when other teams weren't without anyone mentioning it.

Can't really speak for arabdelic, but it certainly could be argued that Hearts have a structural & financial advantage over their competitors in the Championship.  They have training facilities which would provide the infrastructure for a safe testing regime & the financial means to afford testing through benefactors, FoH & the Premiership parachute payment.  

15 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Can't really speak for arabdelic, but it certainly could be argued that Hearts have a structural & financial advantage over their competitors in the Championship.  They have training facilities which would provide the infrastructure for a safe testing regime & the financial means to afford testing through benefactors, FoH & the Premiership parachute payment.  

That could be argued, yes, but surely Hearts shouldn't be prevented from using these facilities just because other teams don't have similar?

This is maybe an extreme example, but that would be like saying if a part-time League 2 club meets a full-time Premiership team in the Scottish Cup then the Premiership team can only train part-time in the build up to the match...

1 hour ago, AJF said:

That could be argued, yes, but surely Hearts shouldn't be prevented from using these facilities just because other teams don't have similar?

This is maybe an extreme example, but that would be like saying if a part-time League 2 club meets a full-time Premiership team in the Scottish Cup then the Premiership team can only train part-time in the build up to the match...

If Hearts were informed that they could begin training on 3rd August by the SG, then I have no issue with that.  Although part of me is quite taken by the handicap system you suggest!

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Hearing for the players bring the game into disrepute on 28th August.

I understand that Aberdeen and the SFA have done a deal and agreed not to contest any penalty and any sanction will be split eight ways on the basis that there was only a single breach of the rules. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

I understand that Aberdeen and the SFA have done a deal and agreed not to contest any penalty and any sanction will be split eight ways on the basis that there was only a single breach of the rules. 

The outcome of the hearing is a formality:

BJs for the 9 players involved, and Budge has to take her teeth oot. 

The available punishments for players breaking those rules are 2, 4 and 8 match bans.

I get that they need to allow time for the process to be followed, but it would probably have been fairer to hold the hearing before the 20th so that whatever ban the Aberdeen players get would see them all miss the rearranged St Johnstone game.

Although as the Hamilton game hasn't been rearranged I suppose it's maybe not going to be possible to incorporate games with both of them. Unless all of them were to get eight match bans and those eight games cover a fixture with both of them, but that'd be a severe punishment.

Why is it any fairer for them to be banned against St Johnstone than any other club? The only reason they were going to miss a game against St Johnstone initially was because of the random process of the fixture list.

Incidentally, the offences each have 8 games as a penalty for an upper end breach, but actually have a maximum of indefinite suspension. It's also not clear if they could be punished separately for each of the two offences - I would assume not, but couldn't see anything to confirm that.