COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, G51 said:

The Scottish Government were explicit that they leave the discipline side of things to the SPFL/SFA.

If the Scottish Government have postponed the games (which they have), then it's been done on public health grounds.

Not one person in the Celtic squad has Covid or is suspected of having Covid.

Celtic have been sent to bed without their dinner because that's the standard of discourse in Scottish public life. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Not one person in the Celtic squad has Covid or is suspected of having Covid.

Celtic have been sent to bed without their dinner because that's the standard of discourse in Scottish public life. 

I won't pretend to be an expert on this, but my understanding is that it can take up to 2 weeks for coronavirus to manifest itself in such a way that it becomes a) transmittable and b) detectable by a test.

The only thing we know for sure is that he didn't give it to Killie players on Sunday.

Forfeiting games/points deductions would set a dangerous precedent. What happens when a player tests positive after contracting in the supermarket, are his club forced to give up 3/6 points?

Could Hamilton win the league by bolting their players into their homes?

Edited by Iminavest

18 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Aberdeen & Celtic haven't been quarantined, they've been punished. They need to prove their players are on task.

Ah, I haven't seen anything apart from that both clubs games were off. 

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why wouldn't we be? Our players have spent 6 minutes (including stoppage time) on a pitch with a player who doesn't even have coronavirus.

Aye, I understand now. 

Celtic and Aberdeen have in effect been punished with fixture congestion and extra pressure to catch up with their rivals who have the very realistic chance to get points on the board. 

Its a bit shit for the teams they are playing that are caught up in it through no fault of their own. 

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

I won't pretend to be an expert on this, but my understanding is that it can take up to 2 weeks for coronavirus to manifest itself in such a way that it becomes a) transmittable and b) detectable by a test.

The only thing we know for sure is that he didn't give it to Killie players on Sunday.

Be the first time in a Celtic jersey that he didn't give something straight to the opposition.

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

You know this is a big deal when Scottish Football hits the news here in Canada

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/scottish-soccer-season-in-jeopardy-as-player-breaches-virus-rules-1.5059443

Finally managed to break Scottish football into the news cycle of a country with a racist PM and where its news if you arent a moose fucker.

Happy times and places.

IMO the Celtic and Aberdeen games are being postponed as a punishment rather than to limit the risk. If they’ve all tested negative then it’s not really a hightened risk

If the game is rescheduled after fans are let in , which seems possible, then it’s not much of a punishment when you get the added income through the gate and hospitality. And tv revenue as well.

17 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

You know this is a big deal when Scottish Football hits the news here in Canada

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/scottish-soccer-season-in-jeopardy-as-player-breaches-virus-rules-1.5059443

Wait. What? People abroad aren't constantly laughing at Scottish football and making these laughs into a tasty stock!?

1 minute ago, Estragon said:

I thought as much during the break - but now I'm convinced.  There is absolutely zero chance of us completing this season.  

If the schedule wasn't tight up against the Euros I'd have a bit more faith.

It's really hard to predict anything about this season now.

20 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Finally managed to break Scottish football into the news cycle of a country with a racist PM and where its news if you arent a moose fucker.

Happy times and places.

This is literally the first time I've seen someone upset with Canada. 

17 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Happy times and places.

I was always thought that Trudeau was the very epitomy of political correctness and wokery.

Wow - how wrong can you be!