COVID-19 In Scottish Football

50 minutes ago, virginton said:

But I thought that you said that the police had been empowered to do this, what with it being such a high crime and all?

So presumably the footballers in question have now themselves been prosecuted for 'breaking this law'? 

The reason why there are absolutely zero prosecutions under the meeting four households category is because no crime has in fact been committed. There are in fact plenty of everyday tasks that the police are empowered to do that do not involve regulating criminal activity - and enforcing Covid restrictions are just a new variant of them. If the police direct members of the public to disperse from a certain area or redirect traffic from a major incident then it doesn't mean that those people were committing a crime by their presence there in the first place. 

Is this not the law - paragraph 6 covers the meeting of more than 3 households indoors at a time?

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/103/contents

3 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

The care of elderly and infirm can't be equated with dealing with a football league that seems incapable of getting through 3 weeks of fixtures without fucking it up.

What exactly constitutes 'fucking it up' though? As of three weeks of fixtures, there have been 2 (two) confirmed positive cases of Covid-19 among Scottish footballers. Both of which were linked to a significant and ongoing outbreak cluster in Aberdeen, so presumably all the other industries in that city are also culpable of 'fucking it up' and should be suspended for moral outrage reasons. The Aberdeen players could have contracted the virus from getting their morning rolls in Tesco and it would change the total impact of the virus on Scottish football as well as the larger community here not a jot. 

The only thing being fucked up here then is a completely redundant set of protocols for footballers that bear no resemblance to the functioning of society right now (but being 'the rules' we're meant to rip our knitting if they ever get breached), as well as a set of general society-wide restrictions that are being flouted or just forgotten about on a society-wide basis every single day. If there is compelling evidence that the compliance levels of Scottish footballers is worse than that of the general public then we do in fact have a problem here; there isn't though, so what we end up with is just a lot of moralising, double standards pish. 

2 hours ago, Turkmenbashi said:

It should just be the players that breach the rules that get hammered. Games shouldn't be postponed unless there is at least a positive case, and no one is too blame. Even then the games should go ahead even if teams have to play with the youth teams. In the guess of Bolingoli, if Celtic knew he had breached the rules and played him anyway, then they should get a points deduction.

No, they should get a points deduction - full stop. They are responsible for their employees' actions, like any other business. If they lost points, it might encourage the entitled cúnts to get their house in order. This would also encourage them to hammer this, and any future, transgression. Sack the wee twat, if necessary - I am sure a case could be made for gross misconduct.

8 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

You can't see the difference between something that is hard to do and actually having a feasible solution?  Between April and June hospitals were over run, ICU was rammed.  So what would your hard solution have been?  The care of elderly and infirm can't be equated with dealing with a football league that seems incapable of getting through 3 weeks of fixtures without fucking it up.

I see the different amount of intervention when one system was clearly failing and leading to many deaths while the other was having a few breaches of guidelines.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/20/skye-care-home-hit-10-coronavirus-deaths-keep-licence-hc-one-home-farm

Weeks of dithering about the care home on Skye all while residents were dying. Immediately ceasing that care home's operations and finding alternative care for the residents while the home was deep cleaned and new, robust procedures put in place would be the minimum I wouuld have done.

What exactly constitutes 'fucking it up' though? As of three weeks of fixtures, there have been 2 (two) confirmed positive cases of Covid-19 among Scottish footballers. Both of which were linked to a significant and ongoing outbreak cluster in Aberdeen, so presumably all the other industries in that city are also culpable of 'fucking it up' and should be suspended for moral outrage reasons. The Aberdeen players could have contracted the virus from getting their morning rolls in Tesco and it would change the total impact of the virus on Scottish football as well as the larger community here not a jot. 
The only thing being fucked up here then is a completely redundant set of protocols for footballers that bear no resemblance to the functioning of society right now (but being 'the rules' we're meant to rip our knitting if they ever get breached), as well as a set of general society-wide restrictions that are being flouted or just forgotten about on a society-wide basis every single day. If there is compelling evidence that the compliance levels of Scottish footballers is worse than that of the general public then we do in fact have a problem here; there isn't though, so what we end up with is just a lot of moralising, double standards pish. 
Tbf I agree with most of what you say but the four households thing is an actual law.

20 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely correct.

When did anyone last die of this virus of working age who is reasonably fit?

Loads of folks die every day of cancer, stroke heart disease , dementia - you name it.

The UK deaths in the last few weeks are less than the average.

Time we realised we are being taken for mugs.

Mind you, football players and fans will believe anything that’s put to them and follow like muzzled zombies.

Let me know if you're up for going out to burn down some 5G masts to put a stop to this shamdemic.  I'll also stand firm with you when you refuse to take the vaccine too.  Government mind control, if only the sheeple could see through it!

Let me know if you're up for going out to burn down some 5G masts to put a stop to this shamdemic.  I'll also stand firm with you when you refuse to take the vaccine too.  Government mind control, if only the sheeple could see through it!
Shamdemic, ace!

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Weeks of dithering about the care home on Skye all while residents were dying. Immediately ceasing that care home's operations and finding alternative care for the residents while the home was deep cleaned and new, robust procedures put in place would be the minimum I wouuld have done.

I don't think any UK government has come out of this well in relation to care homes, but I think you are speaking with the benefit of hindsight and in a different phase of the virus infection.

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

The players and clubs are entirely at fault here and anybody who says otherwise is a fucking idiot.

Special concessions were made to allow the game to start up this season. Those concessions came with certain conditions. Conditions that are clearly not being met or taken seriously by players and clubs.

If it takes the threat of scrapping the season to get the message across, then so be it.

If this was a case of collective action, then collective punishment would be appropriate. It's not, so it wouldn't be.

First offence - lengthy ban for the individual, and points lost for the club. Second offence - expulsion for both. While the club will have a "responsible person" when it comes to H&S, each employee has an individual duty to ensure they are compliant.  I'll guarantee if celtic were sitting on the verge of getting chucked out of the competition just as they were about to achieve their meaningless* record, they'd take a damn' sight more interest in what their players were getting up to.

Just a quick question - did the other Ugly Sisters not breeze along to a game in pre-season without sticking to testing guidelines, as well?

*Except to them and their fellow cheeks, natch.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Could not have put it better myself. 
Football is high profile but from what I gather 95% of players and clubs are doing everything in their power to follow guidelines. 
There will be examples of many hundreds if not thousands of people in Scotland flouting the law / guidelines and what is being done about it. 
I agree with the strong message and warnings but at the same time to not jump on the bandwagon Scot Gov. They are coming across as dictators and not a good look. 

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As expected but I would like to hear the rationale behind calling those games off but not the Kilmarnock game. If it's a punishment for Aberdeen and Celtic, fair enough(Apart from being a fairly shit, low level punishment), but if they are doing it for safety reasons then it makes no sense at all.

Edited by Ross.

35 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The micro management of football is a stark contrast to the hands off approach to the care sector. 

This is just easy headlines for Sturgeon. How many care homes did she close when people were dropping like flies?

I can see no reason why a purely discretionary activity mainly carried out by fit young people should be treated differently from accommodation and care for the most vulnerable in society. 

The consequence of Aberdeen beating the fermers being postponed was limited to some of their posters pissing their pants. 

What might the consequences of closing a care home be? 

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

If this was a case of collective action, then collective punishment would be appropriate. It's not, so it wouldn't be.

First offence - lengthy ban for the individual, and points lost for the club. Second offence - expulsion for both. While the club will have a "responsible person" when it comes to H&S, each employee has an individual duty to ensure they are compliant.  I'll guarantee if celtic were sitting on the verge of getting chucked out of the competition just as they were about to achieve their meaningless* record, they'd take a damn' sight more interest in what their players were getting up to.

Just a quick question - did the other Ugly better looking Sisters not breeze along to a game in pre-season without sticking to testing guidelines, as well?

*Except to them and their fellow cheeks, natch.

Us, Motherwell and another team had issues with delayed results for bounce games.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Aberdeen getting away Scot-Free, no games with depleted squad 

That is a valid point. I would be p1ssed off if I were St Johnstone, Hamilton and Celtic. Aberdeen should have played without missing 8 players. That would have been a punishment. Now they get off scot free so to speak.