5 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Good. Ties are ridiculous and serve absolutely no purpose. People in the future will look at them the way we look  at ruffs in Elizabethan times

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Utterly pointless hings

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Agreed. Fortunately have never been required to wear one in a job.

Nah, just get them to f**k.

@ me next time lads.

A tie is a wonderful thing. Fair cheers up a dull suit. Especially if you don't have the more modern cut away collars that look utterly daft when they are left open.

9 hours ago, 101 said:

@ me next time lads.

A tie is a wonderful thing. Fair cheers up a dull suit. Especially if you don't have the more modern cut away collars that look utterly daft when they are left open.

Fortunately I don't have to wear a shirt.

15 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Good. Ties are ridiculous and serve absolutely no purpose. People in the future will look at them the way we look  at ruffs in Elizabethan times

They serve the purpose of looking good. Much like many clothes. 

If you're wearing a suit, not wearing a tie looks absolutely dogshit. Fair enough a good proportion of PnB posters don't worry about their appearance for they are already rats, but for the man who cares, wear a tie. 

Edited by Grant228

On 12/08/2020 at 11:24, Smurph said:

If they go through card they're due a tax deduction. 

A place I used to work now have an app to order food and drink, where they take a automatic 10% service charge (you can change this to 0%) and will go to the staff (after tax). They're looking at getting about £350/400 this month in card tips which is madness. I absolutely did not get that much.

I used my card or applepay for pretty much everything now. Take cash out if going to the greengrocer.

You're supposed to pay tax on cash tips too. 

Find it a lot easier to budget with cash rather than using contactless wherever and whenever. Chinese takeaways will be the last places to use card [emoji23]
It's funny that because it's true.

I do wonder why - is it a cultural mistrust? Is it the cost of accepting card?

Think just about every take away in Perth accepts card, apart from the vast majority of the Chinese ones.

14 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

It's funny that because it's true.

I do wonder why - is it a cultural mistrust? Is it the cost of accepting card?

I'm not really sure it's true. Plenty Chinese takeaways accept card, it's probably just seems more as its a shop used by a wider range of the public. 

The ones that don't are either old fashioned and not willing to move with the times / pay a percentage or, like the one smack bang in the middle of Dundee City centre last year was found to be, a money laundering front. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

I'm not really sure it's true. Plenty Chinese takeaways accept card, it's probably just seems more as its a shop used by a wider range of the public. 
The ones that don't are either old fashioned and not willing to move with the times / pay a percentage or, like the one smack bang in the middle of Dundee City centre last year was found to be, a money laundering front. 
Certainly in Perth I think it's true.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Suit with no tie = debonair, mysterious. Hunky. 

Suit with tie = school prefect. Grass, most likely. 

All depends on the cut of the shirt and cut of the suit.

Also buttoning your shirt up to the top with no tie is OFTW behaviour.

There are two local chinese takeaways I use. Both take card and the wee one that's pretty much what you would call the more traditional/bog standard one has an app you can order from and pay too.

The other one is the Tea House and they can do what they want cos it's a fucking money factory.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Takeaways are a tax avoidance play ground. There's just eat, contactless, till cash all a big melee, poorly kept books etc. Usually for obfuscation, quite often add in the a language barrier, owner, managers and staff all denying who they are or knowing each other beyond the shop.

Not using contactless is more likely about maximising the untraceable cash transaction than technophobia.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not using contactless is more likely about maximising the untraceable cash transaction than technophobia.

I'd agree with that, it's not specific to Chinese takeaways. 

There is one in Stobbie which is owned by a guy who goes AWOL (claims he's in China) about 6 months of the year to avoid paying taxes himself. They were all over the news here last year or the year before for £180k-ish in unpaid taxes (I'd assume that's business and personal) so it shut for like a month and then re-opened 'under new management'. Exact same owner. Exact same workers. 

If you can find a loophole and exploit it, go for it.