20/21 League Cup Group F

ayrunitedfw

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

We’ve been VERY luck to get through to the next round btw. Lowest total of any first placed side and worse than 6 of the second placed sides.

Our group was pish easy as well.

Good game today.

If things go well, and it all works out ...

we should be meeting you again next season

in League 1.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

We’ve been VERY luck to get through to the next round btw. Lowest total of any first placed side and worse than 6 of the second placed sides.

Our group was pish easy as well.

What our time in the Championship has taught me, we are shitfesting experts.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I can’t be bothered looking up the table, but does a 1-1 finish and a loss on pens mean no points for Stranraer or is it like ice hockey and they get a point for the draw in “regulation time” ?

They got a point.

Aye I was pretty sure that was never a penalty at the time, glad that's cleared up. 

The first half today was absolutely brutal, no off the ball movement at all.  Considering the amount of pelters Zanatta was getting I thought they would have switched sides for the wingers before half time, firstly for the obvious reason that it wasn't working but also so he was on the side the bench was on.  

You can say what you like about scapegoat Mr Roscoe but the defence are getting far too little protection from a fairly passive midfield base, if whichever two were in there were dominating higher up you would forgive it but at the moment I'm not sure it's serving it's purpose.  

I thought Anderson had the exact same game he had against Dunfermline, good when he dropped off and a waste when he faced the defenders up. 

Moaning bit over. 

I liked the look of McKenzie when he came on, he's not been seen much of since the last set of Betfred games and they've obviously been working on his game in a new position, he was as Mark Kerr said at the time "doing a job" whereas today he was on with a plan, looked bright and helped get us on the front foot. 

Incredible that we have somehow won the group despite playing well for about 60 mins (middle of the game) against Albion Rovers in the opening match, and being rank rotten for the rest of it.   

Trying to be positive - weve actually been pretty shite in all 8 games but have won the League Cup group and only lost once in the league so maybe some sort of positive there.....somehow.