20/21 League Cup Group F

ayrunitedfw

Looking forward to the game today. First Saturday competitive game in months so a few beers will be had.

We looked very dangerous going forward against Albion Rovers however were a bit shaky at the back. If Jordan Houston is fit I’d bring him in for Chalmers and move Chalmers into midfield in place or Mikey Miller. Understand this is slightly harsh on Miller as he had a good game on Tuesday and assisted at least one goal but think Murdoch and Chalmers will be our starting centre mids when everyone is fit.

Attacking wise Walsh is out.  Think Zanatta will come in for him which is fine as he was very lively when he came on and got himself a goal. 

From an Accies POV I can see it going 1 of 2 ways. Either they are going to come out with a point to prove and stick a good few past us or it’s going to be another lacklustre Annan like performance and we will win. I’m obviously hoping for the latter. 

I genuinely have no clue what to expect today. @ayrunitedfw I like the idea of a backlash like you mention but in all honesty I don't think we have it in us, we've had stinking results before followed by games that, on paper, we should be winning. It's usually either more of the same or a shitfest draw/win that does nothing to appease the fans.

50 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Looking forward to the game today. First Saturday competitive game in months so a few beers will be had.

We looked very dangerous going forward against Albion Rovers however were a bit shaky at the back. If Jordan Houston is fit I’d bring him in for Chalmers and move Chalmers into midfield in place or Mikey Miller. Understand this is slightly harsh on Miller as he had a good game on Tuesday and assisted at least one goal but think Murdoch and Chalmers will be our starting centre mids when everyone is fit.

Attacking wise Walsh is out.  Think Zanatta will come in for him which is fine as he was very lively when he came on and got himself a goal. 

From an Accies POV I can see it going 1 of 2 ways. Either they are going to come out with a point to prove and stick a good few past us or it’s going to be another lacklustre Annan like performance and we will win. I’m obviously hoping for the latter. 

Yup it's the defence that worries me - on Tuesday I'd say we only had Baird in position from our strongest back 4 with the other 3 filling gaps.  Got away with it despite conceding a couple of goals but obviously up against a much better team today.  Confident that we can get the ball down and play some good stuff on much flatter surface though so hopefully a good showing middle to front.   Walsh obviously a miss but as you say Zanatta did well coming on and had played himself into a start youd think.  Wonder if he will go Moff and Anderson together again or maybe go a bit tighter if Houston is fit.

Judging by the highlights I thought Miller did reasonably well at LB and I’d keep him there if it allowed Chalmers to keep his place in midfield. Bring Houston back in and move Aero over next to Baird. Walsh will be a miss but Zanatta will be capable of causing problems so I’m not too worried about that.

Sinisalo

Houston
Muirhead
Baird
Miller

Murdoch
Chalmers

McCowan
Moffat
Zanatta

Anderson