Group D

AlbionMan

On 12/11/2020 at 02:10, Brummo said:

Really thought Stirling Albion passed the ball about well and were it not for some great saves from Fleming, could have have wrapped things up by halftime.

The substitutions by Montrose did bring them more into the game but as with the Elgin match, the League Two team looked sharper and more up for it for long periods of the game.

Disappointed with the commentary from an away fan perspective. Little knowledge of the opposition team and players.

That, together with technical problems in watching the replay made the fiver it cost to watch it, seem about right.

Camera work was pretty good, so would hope that the commentator could up his game too. If you are selling a product to away supporters for the same price as to home fans, being a bit partisan is tolerable but you really should bother to do your homework about both teams.

Good luck to the binos for the rest of the season. 

You’d have hated watching when we played Elgin, Brechin and Stenny then. Zero commentary for the Elgin and Brechin games/poor camera angles and Stenny use pixellot so the cameras more interested in focusing on a Tesco plastic bag than the fitba’. I couldn’t give a shit if the commentary team  doesn’t have any knowledge about my team and focuses more on the home team. All I’m interested in is the camera being focused on the football. This is new for every team and vast majority will be volunteers doing their best and likely have little commentary experience. 

Thought we were outstanding in the first half. Eased off in the second half but proud of how we played against a team a division above. Good luck to Montrose for the rest of the season. 

16 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

We’d be better off with manual camera work and somebody with a rag to clean the lens. Commentary was entertaining.

We definitely would be better off with  someone manually filming it  but i think there was someone there today  to help with the camera system and as far as it goes i thought it was pretty good today tbh. Good win today though.

Edited by keptie

We’d be better off with manual camera work and somebody with a rag to clean the lens. Commentary was entertaining.

I suspect it’s something more technical than a dirty lens but it is a bit annoying. My expectations are low so I’m happy - because I’m seeing more Lichties matches than usual. I’m growing to love the commentators’ gaffes. Got all 3 scorers wrong and said Gold had been subbed when he was clearly still on. Comedy gold.

Very good first half but we struggled to get any rhythm or fluency for most of the second half. Ian Campbell mentioned ‘the conditions’ as a factor but I think we’d need to avoid dropping off like that against Championship teams. But a good result and qualification achieved. The playing surface looked a bit weatherworn too