Group D

AlbionMan

10 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

Good solid performance by City.

Top of the group. 😉

I only watched the first half, owing to the 6 hour time difference (part-time supporter).

I was impressed by Elgin's pace and organisation. Montrose seemed out of sorts or maybe I was just projecting my own tiredness onto my interpretation of the game.  Last Tuesday against Ross County, Montrose put in an encouraging performance. As far as I could make out, against Arbroath on Saturday, the first half was good but the second, not so much.

Against Elgin last night, I didn't see many positives to cushion the disappointment of the result.

I  know these are really pre-season games but I really hope they can rediscover their mojo  in time for league business on Saturday, because that will be a far sterner test, I am sure. From what I saw last night, this is based more in hope than expectation.

Any Mo fans who watched both halves got anything to say about the game?

I only watched the first half, owing to the 6 hour time difference (part-time supporter).
I was impressed by Elgin's pace and organisation. Montrose seemed out of sorts or maybe I was just projecting my own tiredness onto my interpretation of the game.  Last Tuesday against Ross County, Montrose put in an encouraging performance. As far as I could make out, against Arbroath on Saturday, the first half was good but the second, not so much.
Against Elgin last night, I didn't see many positives to cushion the disappointment of the result.
I  know these are really pre-season games but I really hope they can rediscover their mojo  in time for league business on Saturday, because that will be a far sterner test, I am sure. From what I saw last night, this is based more in hope than expectation.
Any Mo fans who watched both halves got anything to say about the game?

Thought we started ok and probably should’ve been ahead. Began to look tired midway through the first half and paid the price. Second half was a non event with neither team looking likely to score and we just looked more and more laboured. Maybe just the result of 3 games in a week? Biggest problem was Cammy Mk1 limping off late in the game and possibly out of the Falkirk game as a result. Hopefully not.

• 4 weeks later...

Big chance for Elgin there, really should be 1-1.

Holy christ, Elgin goal disallowed for offside.

Edited by Comrie

We've played well but that's what happens when you don't take your chances in games against top level teams. The players need to try and forget about the scoreline and carry on as they were playing as they were causing County problems.

Thought Stirling were excellent in the first half and should have had another goal or two given the chances they created. Montrose shaded the second half but a fair result overall. 

Another great stream, well worth a fiver. Great work from everyone involved. 

Really thought Stirling Albion passed the ball about well and were it not for some great saves from Fleming, could have have wrapped things up by halftime.

The substitutions by Montrose did bring them more into the game but as with the Elgin match, the League Two team looked sharper and more up for it for long periods of the game.

Disappointed with the commentary from an away fan perspective. Little knowledge of the opposition team and players.

That, together with technical problems in watching the replay made the fiver it cost to watch it, seem about right.

Camera work was pretty good, so would hope that the commentator could up his game too. If you are selling a product to away supporters for the same price as to home fans, being a bit partisan is tolerable but you really should bother to do your homework about both teams.

Good luck to the binos for the rest of the season. 

It's a fairly big game for us tomorrow but after the national team have just performed such heroics Arbroath v Elgin seems like real small fry, to me anyway. This was the first fixture of last season and I thought we were arguably the better team in that game (I seem to remember Dick saying we deserved at least a point). Hester will be fired up, lets just hope he can stay on the pitch for 90 minutes cause he can certainly cause Arbroath problems.

No Miko today so I’d like to see Whately in the centre of the park

Not sure if Whatley is fit yet. Craigen, McKenna and Gold most likely in midfield for me. Donnelly back in attack with Bobby and Hilson playing wide.
Miko hasn’t been at last season’s level. I hope he gets back to his excellent best.