Group D

AlbionMan

The camera work to begin with was shocking. It was marginally better as the game wore on.

Was expecting Pixelot. To be honest, anyone with a phone camera would have done a better job than what we have been served up for much of the first half. At times it was horrible to watch and nothing to do with the quality of the football. 

Thankfully half of the takings will go to Montrose, which makes it feel slightly less of a rip-off.

Hopefully the camera operator will Google how to use it and we might get something approaching a watchable game in the second half.

Come on ye Mo!

ETA have just seen on Twitter that their main camera failed, so above is harsh but hope they do get it sorted out for the second half because what we've been served so far is hugely disappointing.

Edited by Brummo
Pity

That was a fairly decent game and well contested.  Montrose faded a bit as each half wore on but there were a fair number of chances at both ends.  despite quite a number of changes to the lineups, i thought we did better than on Tuesday night but there is still plenty to work on.  More well taken goals is gratifying.   As Dick Campbell says, these games are mainly to build up a bit of match fitness and we'll see this Tuesday how that is going.  A bit worrying to hear of injuries to Hamilton and Stewart.

Great gesture to offer refunds but i felt the streaming and commentary were adequate given the main camera was not functioning.   Hoping this arrangement improves for future games but any new IT-based setup is normally beset by teething troubles.  

Not a bad game, a fair few chances for both teams but 2-0 about fair in the end. Stirling just seemed to give up after Dingwall scored (despite there being 10 minutes left and them being a man up) and we dominated from then on. Hester was excellent prior to his red (still not seen the 2nd booking but apparently a high tackle) and Dingwall absolutely superb. Far from perfect but a good start after so long since a competitive game.

The camera was a bit frustrating, the two stand side corners were mostly out of shot and at times the camera took ages to follow the ball. The lack of sound was a bit boring at first but I just stuck Sportsound on in the background and was happy with that.

That was a fairly decent game and well contested.  Montrose faded a bit as each half wore on but there were a fair number of chances at both ends.  despite quite a number of changes to the lineups, i thought we did better than on Tuesday night but there is still plenty to work on.  More well taken goals is gratifying.   As Dick Campbell says, these games are mainly to build up a bit of match fitness and we'll see this Tuesday how that is going.  A bit worrying to hear of injuries to Hamilton and Stewart.
Great gesture to offer refunds but i felt the streaming and commentary were adequate given the main camera was not functioning.   Hoping this arrangement improves for future games but any new IT-based setup is normally beset by teething troubles.  
I'm not buying this "great gesture to offer refunds" pish, not that I would take one anyway but they sold a service that wasn't as advertised, offering a refund is just standard practice really.

I'm not buying this "great gesture to offer refunds" pish, not that I would take one anyway but they sold a service that wasn't as advertised, offering a refund is just standard practice really.

You’re making the basic, and I believe false, assumption that lower league football followers are ‘consumers’. Sorry I don’t ‘buy’ that. If we were mere consumers, I seriously doubt lower league football would survive.

For example, I can watch perhaps 30-40 football matches a month on Sky Sports for £20 and virtually all of higher standard, professional filming, commentary etc. Why settle for less?

You’re making the basic, and I believe false, assumption that lower league football followers are ‘consumers’. Sorry I don’t ‘buy’ that. If we were mere consumers, I seriously doubt lower league football would survive.

For example, I can watch perhaps 30-40 football matches a month on Sky Sports for £20 and virtually all of higher standard, professional filming, commentary etc. Why settle for less?
No, I'm making the assumption that if a club sells a stream that then doesn't work they would have to refund it. I'd like to think most people wouldn't bother taking the refund but as I said it's not some great gesture from Arbroath to offer it.

Important game tonight. FT team away Midweek, we’ve only played PT teams so far in friendlies and this cup so needing this for the league. I thought last season we looked like one of the fittest most organised teams in the championship, second best defensive record kind of backed that up. But obviously even been hampered in regards to training and training together this year so it’ll be a good test.