20/21 League Cup Group B

Since Cove have joined the SPFL set-up they've been beaten at home once in 19 games which was Hibs. We also drew against them and won the bonus point up there last season. 17 straight league wins at home.

As much as I joke about hoping we get beat on Tuesday night, I'm quite glad we're not facing them at Balmoral in this run of form tbh.

They've conceded 1 goal in their opening 4 fixtures and were only beaten 2-1 by Hibs. We'll need to be right on it Tuesday night if we are to have any chance of qualifying for the next round.

As somebody who regularly keeps up with his stats, any game we play against Cove Rangers terrifies me since they have Mitch Megginson. He scores nonstop, he did this in the Highland League, in League 2 he matched Shankland's SPFL scoring tally last season, and he's already top scorer in League One rn. This lad is playing so below his potential it's crazy. Hopefully Ferrie has a decent game. Thankfully we've got Sir Charles playing below his potential too, so that'll hopefully have a factor too.

Not confident at all, though I never am with any of our games anymore nowadays.

4 hours ago, The Master said:

As a season ticket holder, I'm not sure whether to be pleased or annoyed by this.

Same... I know I'll watch it though and hopefully not regret it come full time... All we need to do is win tonight and we are through to the next round (well 99% through) and we are at home against a team in a lower league (albeit a good side who are banging the goals in) nothing can go wrong right? Thankfully Dundee never make things hard for themselves.. 

Considering our b*****ding number of injuries & Ashcroft's COVID case, my guess for a squad would be:

Ferrie

Elliott, Kerr, McGhee, Marshall

Robertson, Adam, Byrne

McDaid

McGowan, Mullen (could also be a 4-3-3 with McDaid up top too, idk).

Obviously not my favourite team, I hope Afolabi is okay but don't have much faith in him being able to start tonight. Nicky Hamilton starting as stated before though should defo be a thing.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee