20/21 League Cup Group E

C4mmy31

Clyde "continuing to work towards live streaming being available for Saturday"

image.png.a076a506a515983f1083428789796d07.png

How did Dumbarton look last night? Not sure what to expect from us; we've scored plenty in pre season but not against much half decent opposition apart from Stirling who had their goalie sent off about 20 mins in.

Loanee Jay Henderson will be unavailable for us as he's away with Scotland u19s and Syvertsen and Howie haven't featured in the last couple of friendlies so unsure if they'll be available.

Assuming there's no further signings I would say Mitchell, Bain, Lang, Shiels, Cuddihy, Cunningham and Goodwillie are definite starters with the other 4 slots up for grabs.

Edited by C. Muir

38 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

How did Dumbarton look last night?

We're in a bit of a state tbh. Ross Forbes was out last night and Stefan McCluskey dislocated his shoulder during the game so we have the sum total of 0 wide players at the moment. We ended the game with centre back loanee Chris Hamilton at right mid. Defensively we looked okay, Dunfermline didn't really have any clear cut chances and their goal came from a poor penalty decision, but other than PJ Crossan hitting the post we created f**k all. We desperately need some signings in before we seriously trouble any team. 

On the streaming, I am a wee bit concerned that Pixellot have come out and said they don't know what the problem was last night. I was hoping to read a "We're sorry but we know how to fix it and are working hard to rectify it for the next set of games" this morning but if they have the same problems on Saturday I can foresee a shit storm. My advice would be to log on early and don't log off until the game is done. 

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

On the streaming, I am a wee bit concerned that Pixellot have come out and said they don't know what the problem was last night. I was hoping to read a "We're sorry but we know how to fix it and are working hard to rectify it for the next set of games" this morning but if they have the same problems on Saturday I can foresee a shit storm. My advice would be to log on early and don't log off until the game is done. 

Noticed Morton (without having a test event beforehand) had countless problems last night including them moving it onto youtube so anyone could watch :lol: Expect a few teething problems but hopefully they get ironed out quickly. Can't help but think (especially with how Mortons stream went) we should've used one of our friendlies as a test event first but not sure how possible that was.

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Noticed Morton (without having a test event beforehand) had countless problems last night including them moving it onto youtube so anyone could watch :lol: Expect a few teething problems but hopefully they get ironed out quickly. Can't help but think (especially with how Mortons stream went) we should've used one of our friendlies as a test event first but not sure how possible that was.

I'm not even sure testing a friendly would do you much good, the problem seemed to come from Pixellot's server not coping with the demand and a friendly likely wouldn't have enough numbers logging on. I logged on about half an hour before kick off and everything went pretty much perfect. I think the camera only missed the kick off for the second half but it catches up after a second or two of play. Watching the warm up can be a bit nauseating though, that many balls on the pitch the camera doesn't have a fucking clue which one to follow :lol:

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Morton weren't using Pixellot though.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not even sure testing a friendly would do you much good, the problem seemed to come from Pixellot's server not coping with the demand and a friendly likely wouldn't have enough numbers logging on. I logged on about half an hour before kick off and everything went pretty much perfect. I think the camera only missed the kick off for the second half but it catches up after a second or two of play. Watching the warm up can be a bit nauseating though, that many balls on the pitch the camera doesn't have a fucking clue which one to follow :lol:

This wasn't unforeseeable. Pixellot was never designed for this. It's designed to provide in play streaming for betting companies and for performance analysis. They aren't ready for the numbers involved. Quite apart from the expensive costs and the tendency to zoom off and film the wrong part of the pitch, it's also not set up for the sort of "mass" (10,000+) streaming that it's now going to do. And that's with half the games not even on last night. They'll get better and they'll sort it but it's not ready for purpose at the moment and unfortunately it's needed now.

As I said on your thread last week, by and large the Championship clubs have stayed well away from it even though they got the hardware free.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This wasn't unforeseeable. Pixellot was never designed for this. It's designed to provide in play streaming for betting companies and for performance analysis. They aren't ready for the numbers involved. Quite apart from the expensive costs and the tendency to zoom off and film the wrong part of the pitch, it's also not set up for the sort of "mass" (10,000+) streaming that it's now going to do. And that's with half the games not even on last night. They'll get better and they'll sort it but it's not ready for purpose at the moment and unfortunately it's needed now.

As I said on your thread last week, by and large the Championship clubs have stayed well away from it even though they got the hardware free.

I said myself on our own thread that it's clear Pixellot underestimated the demand and I'm not really convinced with their statement today ("we don't know what happened"). But clubs like Dumbarton have obviously weighed up the cost and resources required for both options (buying own equipment, getting volunteers vs Pixellot) and decided that the best chance of survival is to go with Pixellot. I'm happy with that. If the only problem they have is increasing the number of viewers they are capable of accommodating then I'd hope that's something that they can sort fairly quickly (whilst conceding I know nothing about what that entails). The stream itself last night was completed fine for me and I think a lot of the problems with the camera are overblown. 

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Dumbarton have confirmed they are looking to validate who received the stream and who didn't and issue refunds to those who want it. Thankfully Police Scotland can close down their investigation and that dafty Pars fan can untwist his frillies.

Folk genuinely thought that was serious?!

12 hours ago, The Moonster said:

. Thankfully Police Scotland can close down their investigation and that dafty Pars fan can untwist his frillies.

I'm not sure if this is a double whoosh or not. 

12 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Clyde "continuing to work towards live streaming being available for Saturday"

image.png.a076a506a515983f1083428789796d07.png

How did Dumbarton look last night?

For allot of people who intended on watching... 

Screenshot_20201006_194923_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.cb711446b00834299582dfb1e5994b97.jpg

Log on about 40 minutes before the game, load up the stream and don't refresh the page, pixellot are an absolute shambles. 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Morton weren't using Pixellot though.

How confident are you with the set up QoTS have? Remains to be seen how well ParsTV will deal with such an increase in numbers compared to just ex pats and those with a VPN.

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm not sure if this is a double whoosh or not. 

For allot of people who intended on watching... 

Screenshot_20201006_194923_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.cb711446b00834299582dfb1e5994b97.jpg

Log on about 40 minutes before the game, load up the stream and don't refresh the page, pixellot are an absolute shambles. 

How confident are you with the set up QoTS have? Remains to be seen how well ParsTV will deal with such an increase in numbers compared to just ex pats and those with a VPN.

I've no idea. I know how to turn my computer ON. It's not my bag. We'll find out if yours works on Friday though. If yours works ours should work. You'll be guinea pigs first.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've no idea. I know how to turn my computer ON. It's not my bag. We'll find out if yours works on Friday though. If yours works ours should work. You'll be guinea pigs first.

Ours won’t be tested much on Friday.  No live stream due to being on premier.   

19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Looks like Fraser Murray playing in centre mid for us, which isn't a position I'd thought he'd play. 

We're a bit light in centre mid tonight with McInroy away with Scotland. With Mayo away and Martin injured Murray isn't an option in central midfield.

Turner is on the bench though so can come on if needed. Fenton I think can play there too (JESUS CHRIST!).