Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
C4mmy31

20/21 League Cup Group E

Recommended Posts

A much better performance tonight and, more importantly, a shape and style of play that actually suits our players.

It never really felt like Kilmarnock were going at it 100% but positive signs for us regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice passages of play in the second half. We probably deserved a goal but you’ve got to hit the target/make the final pass. Still, some improvement anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the feel of a pre-season friendly for us with being knocked out already.

Nice to see Whitehall bagging a couple of goals and he looks handy enough if we need him against bottom 6 teams. 

Killie never really got out of 2nd gear and the quality between the teams shows. 

Mulumbu strolled it for the first 70 mins then really tired and just sat in front of the back four. Another 90 mins from him against dumbarton and hopefully he can start some league games.

PPV stream was a bit laggy in the first half but perfect in the second. Co-commentator was a bit annoying and never really provided anything apart from shouting for Clyde chances etc. Good enough stream service, well done Clyde.

These games do miss fans though. Bit of atmosphere on a midweek cup game rather than that pre-season feel.

Edited by superkillieaway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, superkillieaway said:

Had the feel of a pre-season friendly for us with being knocked out already.

Nice to see Whitehall bagging a couple of goals and he looks handy enough if we need him against bottom 6 teams. 

Killie never really got out of 2nd gear and the quality between the teams shows. 

Mulumbu strolled it for the first 70 mins then really tired and just sat in front of the back four. Another 90 mins from him against dumbarton and hopefully he can start some league games.

PPV stream was a bit laggy in the first half but perfect in the second. Co-commentator was a bit annoying and never really provided anything apart from shouting for Clyde chances etc. Good enough stream service, well done Clyde.

These games do miss fans though. Bit of atmosphere on a midweek cup game rather than that pre-season feel.

Killie well worth the win in the end. A bit better from us after 2 or 3 shambolic performances. At least we didn’t look as though we were going to take a hammering, unlike Saturday. 
I found the co-commentator annoying too. First couple of games we just had the one and he actually concentrated on the game, which is what they are there for. Tonight sounded like the Clyde equivalent of Rob McLean and Alex Rae. On second thoughts, nobody can be that biased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed the game, well done Clyde my stream was good for the 90 minutes, co commentator never added much he just sounded like a fan watching a game, but the main commentator had done his homework on the Killie team so well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falkirk will almost certainly be one of the best runners up if we win or draw vs Clyde at the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, smpar said:

Falkirk will almost certainly be one of the best runners up if we win or draw vs Clyde at the weekend.

If 😂😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

If 😂😂 

There’s a possibility we put out a reserve side if results tomorrow night put us highly likely to qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There’s a possibility we put out a reserve side if results tomorrow night put us highly likely to qualify.
I'd doubt it, be wanting to maximise the chances of getting a win to top the group. Much like last year, last group game saw us knowing a win against East Kilbride would see us qualify and we absolutely horsed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All we need to do is avoid defeat on Saturday to win the group.

Falkirk's 4 goals last night puts them in a good position to be one of the best runners up.

Looking at the tables the Group B runner up could finish with more points than 9 if the top two, Dundee and Hibs, decide a draw is good enough. Dundee have a better goal different than Falkirk, but only by two, and Falkirk have scored more, so a two nil Hibs win would suit them (Falkirk).

Group A runners up are out.

Group C runners up could finish on more points than Falkirk. It's a straight shoot between them. However a draw would mean Falkirk will place better than Peterhead, who would finish second on 9 points but with an inferior goal difference.

In Group D Arbroath and Elgin play on Saturday and both can finish on 9 points, but it seems unlikely either will match Falkirk's goal difference.

In Group Ayr can finish on 9 points. They play Stranraer on Saturday. A win by 3 goals or more would see Ayr place better than Falkirk.

Group G second place will be eliminated.

In Group H Alloa could finish second on 9 points but need to win by a large margin to make up the goal difference and goals scored, so seems a tough task. Livingston could lose and still win the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Group C runners up could finish on more points than Falkirk. It's a straight shoot between them. However a draw would mean Falkirk will place better than Peterhead, who would finish second on 9 points but with an inferior goal difference.

If we drew with Peterhead, then they'd be on 9, and we'd be 2nd on 8 with a better GD than Falkirk, so it would come down to the "bonus point" as to who was runner up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If we drew with Peterhead, then they'd be on 9, and we'd be 2nd on 8 with a better GD than Falkirk, so it would come down to the "bonus point" as to who was runner up.

Falkirk are on 9 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If we drew with Peterhead, then they'd be on 9, and we'd be 2nd on 8 with a better GD than Falkirk, so it would come down to the "bonus point" as to who was runner up.

Ha, forget about the bonus point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All we need to do is avoid defeat on Saturday to win the group.
Falkirk's 4 goals last night puts them in a good position to be one of the best runners up.
Looking at the tables the Group B runner up could finish with more points than 9 if the top two, Dundee and Hibs, decide a draw is good enough. Dundee have a better goal different than Falkirk, but only by two, and Falkirk have scored more, so a two nil Hibs win would suit them (Falkirk).
Group A runners up are out.
Group C runners up could finish on more points than Falkirk. It's a straight shoot between them. However a draw would mean Falkirk will place better than Peterhead, who would finish second on 9 points but with an inferior goal difference.
In Group D Arbroath and Elgin play on Saturday and both can finish on 9 points, but it seems unlikely either will match Falkirk's goal difference.
In Group Ayr can finish on 9 points. They play Stranraer on Saturday. A win by 3 goals or more would see Ayr place better than Falkirk.
Group G second place will be eliminated.
In Group H Alloa could finish second on 9 points but need to win by a large margin to make up the goal difference and goals scored, so seems a tough task. Livingston could lose and still win the group.
Pretty controversial that falkirk might go through by a goal or two for a game they never played.
That's the rules for everyone I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...