20/21 League Cup Group E

C4mmy31

On 14/08/2020 at 11:46, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Only possible positive from this draw for us is if we get Falkirk and Killie at home for decent gate money. 

Not sure how well Dunfermline fans travel nowadays. They certainly used to travel well, brought a good crowd down for that abandoned scottish cup game around 2004.

Dumbarton will bring their standard 30 or so.

(All of the above dependant on crowds being allowed into games obviously!)

There's not a hope in hell away fans will be allowed at grounds this year, possibly well into next year as well.

6 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

If that does transpire how will clubs like ours survive. Having to pay wages with their main source of monthly income non existent?

Home fans will be allowed hopefully. I extremely doubt they'll want crowds travelling across country though.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Home fans will be allowed hopefully. I extremely doubt they'll want crowds travelling across country though.

Theres nothing to stop people travelling cross country just now, why should it be different for 100 Clyde fans going to Falkirk? Or 25 Dumbarton fans going to Airdrie?

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Theres nothing to stop people travelling cross country just now, why should it be different for 100 Clyde fans going to Falkirk? Or 25 Dumbarton fans going to Airdrie?

I'm just guessing that the authorities might feel that bus/train loads of people travelling together across country, probably pissed up, to a football match might be adding a bit too much risk to a delicate situation, and if capacities are going to be capped I would hope clubs will be seeing that their own fans get a seat over any away supporters. The government aren't keen on football fans or football in general, it won't be normal whatever we're allowed to do, and it'll be strict.

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm just guessing that the authorities might feel that bus/train loads of people travelling together across country, probably pissed up, to a football match might be adding a bit too much risk to a delicate situation, and if capacities are going to be capped I would hope clubs will be seeing that their own fans get a seat over any away supporters. The government aren't keen on football fans or football in general, it won't be normal whatever we're allowed to do, and it'll be strict.

I thought I'd get a wee bite out of you there with my 25 Dumbarton fans comment! 

But you're probably right tbh. We can't be trusted.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

• 4 weeks later...

Scotland's most cash-strapped clubs look set to be hit with huge coronavirus testing bills to allow them to compete against top-flight teams in next month’s Betfred Cup relaunch.

Record Sport understands the SPFL board will meet on Friday to discuss drafting emergency measures for the competition that kicks off on October 6 with 48 first-round ties to be packed into a hectic eight-day schedule.

Last night Scottish football’s top flight was reeling again after three Hamilton players tested positive for Covid-19 forcing Accies to shut down for a deep clean.

And Annan had to pull the plug on a pre-season friendly against Queen of the South after four first-team players were diagnosed – sparking a scrambled emergency meeting of football’s Joint Response Group.

Now all lower-league clubs drawn against Premiership opposition could be ordered to stump up for the same expensive testing protocol that has been costing the top 12 a fortune since their return to training in the summer.

There are currently no requirements in place for testing to be rolled out from the Championship down when their season begins on October 17 due to the costs involved.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if I’ve missed anything, but has anything been announced about the streaming of these games?

I know our home game v Falkirk is on tv and the game v Clyde is free to view for our ST holders, but would have expected a bit more info on PPV streams by now. Hopefully there’s going to be an opportunity to watch our games against Dumbarton and Killie.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Apologies if I’ve missed anything, but has anything been announced about the streaming of these games?

I know our home game v Falkirk is on tv and the game v Clyde is free to view for our ST holders, but would have expected a bit more info on PPV streams by now. Hopefully there’s going to be an opportunity to watch our games against Dumbarton and Killie.

Dumbarton are hoping to stream the Dunfermline game. Club weren't sure if the platform would be ready in time but after a test run on Saturday they are hopeful it will be in place for next Tuesday. No info on what it will cost you yet.

On 01/10/2020 at 15:35, The Moonster said:

Dumbarton are hoping to stream the Dunfermline game. Club weren't sure if the platform would be ready in time but after a test run on Saturday they are hopeful it will be in place for next Tuesday. No info on what it will cost you yet.

Did this run on Saturday, if so how did it go?