20/21 League Cup Group E

C4mmy31

Again we manage a result but there's certainly flaws in this team.

Midfield to front disjointed. O'Hara was pish again. Thought the Alloa game might have been a turning point but he has continued to ghost about the pitch. Runs about but never seems to get near to the ball.

Big shout to Turner, a guy I wasn't convinced about last year but was very good again when he came on.

Even at 2-0 I was confident we would still have enough about us to get a result. Didn’t envisage a winner, but you take it all day long. Did we deserve it? Meh. I don’t think Clyde had very many clear opportunities apart from the ones they took. We were limited to very few opportunities too but we also took ours. Draw would have probably been the fairest result but their goalkeeper decided to chuck it. I’ll give the players the benefit of the doubt: we have been playing well recently and it was a game where all we needed was a draw so it’s natural with some tweaking to the starting XI they’d take the foot off the pedal a bit.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Again we manage a result but there's certainly flaws in this team.

Midfield to front disjointed. O'Hara was pish again. Thought the Alloa game might have been a turning point but he has continued to ghost about the pitch. Runs about but never seems to get near to the ball.

Big shout to Turner, a guy I wasn't convinced about last year but was very good again when he came on.

Positives, topped the group and unbeaten. Turner was great again and McManus did well as did Thomas when he came on.
Negatives, we seem to have to change  the midfield almost every game to get a win Gill was pish again, one save to make and let it go through him. Bowman not really going to trouble anyone for competition. O’Hara with two left feet again. 

Will take unbeaten and max points from the cup though. Just think we can be better. Hearts big test next week.

What?! 
Pipe down. A very silly comment.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say he was pish, but I think he could have done better with their first goal. I wouldn’t be blaming him at all for being the cause of it; the defence totally fucked a simple ball.

21 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I wouldn’t go as far as to say he was pish, but I think he could have done better with their first goal. I wouldn’t be blaming him at all for being the cause of it; the defence totally fucked a simple ball.

Aye that's my summary,  Gill could have done a bit better with the shot,  but it was murray that totally fucked it.  

The decision to play bowman, and leave Thomas/ Whitaker out wasn't unreasonable to see how we'd cope with that scenario if we have too in the league. Unfortunately it looks like that won't be able to cope with those losses.  

Kyle Turner changed the game for us IMO. He has been fantastic this season so far. Wilson is good for soaking up things but we need someone like Turner in there as well to get us up the park.