20/21 League Cup Group E

C4mmy31

Sorry lads, but I'm hearing we have to hand back the 3 points as we didn't sell enough 50/50 tickets.

I liked the stadium announcer giving it the “let’s get right behind the team.. COME ON YE PAAAAARS” in a behind-closed-doors match last night.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

I liked the stadium announcer giving it the “let’s get right behind the team.. COME ON YE PAAAAARS” in a behind-closed-doors match last night.

Haha, noticed that too. I think he realised how daft it was as he sort of dropped his enthusiasm half way through!

McCracken’s comments were just bizarre. We were very comfortable the 2nd half and took our chances. They threatened us for a good 25 minutes or so the first half, but, apart from that, we were totally fine and probably should have scored a couple more.

The players will rightfully look leggy and slightly off it given they have only played one proper competitive game in 7 months prior to last night. Nothing to be concerned with. I thought we did well and once we clicked there was good options all over the pitch. Need to remember we were playing against League 1 opposition and will face much more difficult opposition.

If the Killie game is going ahead then surely it’ll be their Under-19 squad given the full first team and Under-21s are still within the self-isolation period?

The 6 players who tested positive should only have to isolate for 10 days based on the rules, so they'd all be available. There might also be some players who were out injured and not at training last week who may be available (no idea if Mulumbu was back, for example). We also have the option of signing a goalkeeper on emergency loan if anyone will give us one.

50 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
3 hours ago, DAFC. said:
McCracken’s comments were just bizarre. We were very comfortable the 2nd half and took our chances. They threatened us for a good 25 minutes or so the first half, but, apart from that, we were totally fine and probably should have scored a couple more.

The players will rightfully look leggy and slightly off it given they have only played one proper competitive game in 7 months prior to last night. Nothing to be concerned with. I thought we did well and once we clicked there was good options all over the pitch. Need to remember we were playing against League 1 opposition and will face much more difficult opposition.

If the Killie game is going ahead then surely it’ll be their Under-19 squad given the full first team and Under-21s are still within the self-isolation period?

The 6 players who tested positive should only have to isolate for 10 days based on the rules, so they'd all be available. There might also be some players who were out injured and not at training last week who may be available (no idea if Mulumbu was back, for example). We also have the option of signing a goalkeeper on emergency loan if anyone will give us one.

I presume any player called into Kilmarnock’s 1st team squad will be tested as well?

Anyway it’s a bit shambolic that Kilmarnock/spfl haven’t confirmed that the game will or won’t go ahead.  Falkirk have already been forced into paying for testing for a game that was never going ahead and we are paying the same costs based on guesswork.   

You would have expected as soon as Kilmarnock were made aware of the requirements there should have been a decision made on what games they could play, yet over a week later there’s uncertainty, piss poor.

We can't decide whether we're able to play the game until we know which players are going to be available. We could be planning for the six positive players to return, but that would be dependent on them testing negative in advance of the game.

Even if we aren't able to play then Falkirk and Dunfermline both need to do the testing in order to show that they were able to play. You can hardly claim a forfeit for the other team not having enough players available without also showing that your own team does have enough players to fulfill the fixture.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I presume any player called into Kilmarnock’s 1st team squad will be tested as well?

Anyway it’s a bit shambolic that Kilmarnock/spfl haven’t confirmed that the game will or won’t go ahead.  Falkirk have already been forced into paying for testing for a game that was never going ahead and we are paying the same costs based on guesswork.   

You would have expected as soon as Kilmarnock were made aware of the requirements there should have been a decision made on what games they could play, yet over a week later there’s uncertainty, piss poor.

It's entirely Kilmarnock's decision if this game is played or not, same as it was their choice to not play the Falkirk game.

They're obviously giving it as long as possible to see which players will be available. Presumably there is a deadline though, but I don't know what it is (morning of the game maybe?).

Will ParsTV be showing this as a PPV option?

VPN not an option and I don't mind sending you lot some much-needed coin.

Freesports Channel 64 Freeview, Sky 422 will be showing repeat showings of complete game through the week as they are the sister channel of Premier

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We can't decide whether we're able to play the game until we know which players are going to be available. We could be planning for the six positive players to return, but that would be dependent on them testing negative in advance of the game.

Even if we aren't able to play then Falkirk and Dunfermline both need to do the testing in order to show that they were able to play. You can hardly claim a forfeit for the other team not having enough players available without also showing that your own team does have enough players to fulfill the fixture.

You know 99% which players are available.  Are you seriously suggesting your decision to play is based on what u18’s are available?

the 2nd point is cynical  as f**k.  You are basically stating you know you can’t play but your desperately hoping  to force  the opponents also to withdraw and  pull out.  Meaning you can scrape a point that will unlikely help you qualify That’s very poor behaviour.

You know 99% which players are available.  Are you seriously suggesting your decision to play is based on what u18’s are available?
the 2nd point is cynical  as f**k.  You are basically stating you know you can’t play but your desperately hoping  to force  the opponents also to withdraw and  pull out.  Meaning you can scrape a point that will unlikely help you qualify That’s very poor behaviour.
No we don't. We have 6 first team players who may be available if they test negative before the match, as their 10 day isolation period ends on Monday. I'd imagine that unless more than one of them are keepers then all of them will play. Having 6 first team players and 5 kids is a whole different ball game to having 11 kids.

The question "have you got enough players to fulfill the fixture?" isn't just levelled at one team. If Dunfermline are placed into self isolation over the weekend should they still try and claim a 3-0 win for this fixture? Of course not.

Also if you have a season ticket you can watch a full match replay on Pars TV

Freesports Channel 64 Freeview, Sky 422 will be showing repeat showings of complete game through the week as they are the sister channel of Premier 

Killie must have some wingers available to them if their letting Dom Thomas go.

Strange comment. We paid them a fee, which they thought was decent for him. This would be like a Hibs fan saying Dunfermline must have some strikers available, since we let Nisbet go...

Given we're trying to hawk the PPV for this it looks like we're planning on trying to play the game. Obviously things could change between now and Tuesday night but fingers crossed this means we'll be able to have 13 players at least to make a squad.

16 hours ago, parsforlife said:

As has been pointed out below, we are planning to have (at least) six first team players available, but if they don't return a negative covid test before the end of the isolation period then presumably they can't play. If they can't play we'd be in exactly the same boat as we were for the Falkirk game.

It has nothing to do with being cynical, and everything to do with both sides having to fulfill the conditions of playing in the game. It would be poor behaviour on Dunfermline's part if they decided not to test so that they could receive three points without actually proving they were able to play.

And anyway, as far as I was aware, we had advised Dunfermline that we were preparing to go ahead with the game, I'm not sure what else could be expected at this point. We can hardly provide an iron clad guarantee that the game will go ahead the same way that no team can guarantee that any game will go ahead at the moment.

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If Kiltie and Burke are two of the available players, we should forfeit.

Burke could well be one of those available, he tweeted "roll on Monday" on Friday night which I'm assuming means he's back training from then.....