20/21 League Cup Group E

C4mmy31

We’ve got a good record of routine wins against diddy teams in the seaside leagues in the Betfred Cup so I’m glad to see we’re continuing with that.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

We’ve got a good record of routine wins against diddy teams in the seaside leagues in the Betfred Cup so I’m glad to see we’re continuing with that.

Real diddy sides come 7th in the league 1. We've not dropped that low yet.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Aye but alloa expectations are far lower and they were happy for him to play every week whether he was shit one week or the next.   Much lower competition for places.  I mean he only scored one goal in his first ten games which if he does this season especially if he plays as badly as he did tonight will more than likely see him out the team.
When his German is up to speed, he'll be fine

20 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Falkirk should have a had a penalty, Keena should have scored, if either one of those happened the second half would’ve been completely different.

We could have won 3-1. It could have been 2-2. You could have won 1-2.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Real diddy sides come 7th in the league 1. We've not dropped that low yet.

There's always this season...

Thought that was an entertaining game. First half looked like it could have gone either way. Wasn’t convinced our disallowed goal was a foul, but Falkirk denied a stonewall penalty. Both teams would have been disappointed to go in at HT without a goal. Keena and Morrison looked dangerous when they got the ball.

Second half, we changed the system and got the ball to Thomas a lot more, who’s trickery created space and won us free kicks/set pieces, which Falkirk seem incapable of defending. Felt like we were comfortably the better team in the second half. But had Falkirk got their penalty and scored, would have been very different.

Good advert for Scottish lower league football though, with a lot of action/chances for both teams.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Nah I reckon they’re in the Cowden end. I’m sure you’d be able to get into the gym from the corner of the Main stand instead of having to go through the Cowden.

You have to go outside from both stands to access the gym

Falkirk should have a had a penalty, Keena should have scored, if either one of those happened the second half would’ve been completely different.

We might have been awarded our goal we might have not have so many dodgy offside decisions given against us, your auntie might have had balls...

Maybe if you’d defended better in the second half it would’ve been completely different...

On the whole I’m heartened by this.  We haven’t played a competitive match since...March?  Have lost our best player from last year.  And gave a team in a league above a decent run.  just getting promoted is the key, and this is positive.

And we beat Killie 3-0.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We could have won 3-1. It could have been 2-2. You could have won 1-2.

There's always this season...

You've got to be feckin horrendous to be that low. We may not win the league but we definitely won't be 7th or lower I can assure you.

Trying not to get too excited for Clyde's game today after paying for the Dumbarton game midweek then not seeing a minute of it.

You expect there to be issues with streaming games, especially  at the beginning, but the fact they couldn't correct the issue in the whole 90 minutes is a big concern.

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

McCracken's post match interview was worrying. Sounds like if Falkirk go behind and a team tries to make things difficult for them then McCracken hasn't got much up his sleeve to try and find a way back into the game.

Found his interview quite bizarre when he said something along the lines off "Dunfermline just put everyone behind the ball" inferring that we turned ultra defensive, when in reality for the whole of the second half we had comfortable possession, very odd. 

If, and that’s a big ‘if’, Killie are allowed to play their remaining games, there’s a possibility of having 3 teams on 9 points by the end.

Presuming the favourites win in all games between/involving Falkirk, Dunfermline and Killie (which, I know, is far from a given), all finish with 9 points.

Found his interview quite bizarre when he said something along the lines off "Dunfermline just put everyone behind the ball" inferring that we turned ultra defensive, when in reality for the whole of the second half we had comfortable possession, very odd. 

Agree with this. Even at 2-0 it seemed more likely that we would score a third than Falkirk were going to score. He made out we just sat back and defended, but we dominated the play and created more than them in that period. Odd comment indeed.

If he does believe we sat deep, he should be very concerned that they never threatened our goal in that time at all. Either way, if I was a Falkirk fan, I’d be concerned that he noticed our tactical change after HT, but spoke as if there was nothing he could do to counter that. They have good players, but it was a bit odd that we made one tactical tweak and it seems like the Falkirk management team just accepted that and didn’t try and change things to get back into the game.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

If, and that’s a big ‘if’, Killie are allowed to play their remaining games, there’s a possibility of having 3 teams on 9 points by the end.

Presuming the favourites win in all games between/involving Falkirk, Dunfermline and Killie (which, I know, is far from a given), all finish with 9 points.

If we play a significantly weakened Kilmarnock then we've got a good chance of a win and then we've got a great chance of finishing on 12 points.

McCracken’s comments were just bizarre. We were very comfortable the 2nd half and took our chances. They threatened us for a good 25 minutes or so the first half, but, apart from that, we were totally fine and probably should have scored a couple more.

The players will rightfully look leggy and slightly off it given they have only played one proper competitive game in 7 months prior to last night. Nothing to be concerned with. I thought we did well and once we clicked there was good options all over the pitch. Need to remember we were playing against League 1 opposition and will face much more difficult opposition.

If the Killie game is going ahead then surely it’ll be their Under-19 squad given the full first team and Under-21s are still within the self-isolation period?