20/21 League Cup Group E

C4mmy31

Will Dunfermline put about 6 past us this evening? I think so.

Will Dom Thomas tear our defence a new arsehole? More than likely.

Will the Dumbarton fans take the result extremely seriously and start chanting "relegation" for the coming season? Probably. 

Am I absolutely fucking bursting at the seams to watch all of the above unfold in front of my eyes? You better believe it.

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Those are the rules all the teams signed up to. Whatever happens is going to impact the sporting integrity of the competition.

1) We forfeit this game - Falkirk get 3 points without playing.

2) We play the game with 16/17/18 year-olds. Falkirk likely pump us.

3) We withdraw from the whole competition. The best runner-up equation becomes confusing.

4) The match is rescheduled - we have players available who wouldn't have been for the original (eg Kabamba).

I'm not sure what the magic solution is here aside from going back in time and stopping a coronavirus outbreak.

I'm not really disagreeing with any of that. I just thought what he said was a bit daft

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Will Dunfermline put about 6 past us this evening? I think so.

Will Dom Thomas tear our defence a new arsehole? More than likely.

Will the Dumbarton fans take the result extremely seriously and start chanting "relegation" for the coming season? Probably. 

Am I absolutely fucking bursting at the seams to watch all of the above unfold in front of my eyes? You better believe it.

I usually go to the group stage games without much excitement but tonight feels different. Glad it's not just me feeling like this.

12 minutes ago, microdave said:

I usually go to the group stage games without much excitement but tonight feels different. Glad it's not just me feeling like this.

Tempted to take this afternoon off and get torn into the pints tbh. Sitting on my couch shouting "WHERE WUR YOU WHEN THE BRAINS WUR HAUNDED OOT" for that authentic feel. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Tempted to take this afternoon off and get torn into the pints tbh. Sitting on my couch shouting "WHERE WUR YOU WHEN THE BRAINS WUR HAUNDED OOT" for that authentic feel. 

The first time a Dunfermline player moves forward 6 inches while taking a throw in "REF. REF. WHERE'S HE GAUN!"

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Hiya Dad!

3 minutes ago, microdave said:

The first time a Dunfermline player moves forward 6 inches while taking a throw in "REF. REF. WHERE'S HE GAUN!"

Hiya D....oh wait, now I'm confused.

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Hiya Dad!

Hiya D....oh wait, now I'm confused.

.There are multiple people do the one I did. I'm not sure if your Dad shouts that or not. It's certainly not in his greatest hits if he does.

Surprised to read Craig Levein’s comments from bbc given his whinging last year - ‘I wouldn’t say it’s fair. But it’s a solution. There will be problems with the fixture congestion. If they took the action to postpone this game, who knows where that will lead to if they have to continue to do that. I just think it’s the common sense approach’

Well we've been an absolute gang so far. Desperately need some wide players with pace. Not sure I agree with that handball decision either, not sure what any player is supposed to do in that situation now, defenders would be better playing without arms. 

Streams been really good so far for me though, pleased if this is the standard. I hear some folk are having problems connecting which is a bit pish but there was always going to be issues for the first stream, hopefully they can be sorted quickly. 

If penalties are being awarded for that, we're going to see loads of them. 

Think we've been comfortable without really penetrating the defence too often. We're slick with the ball in front of Dumbarton but not a lot getting in behind. 

Turner looks like a player with confidence and Edwards is having a decent game, which is nice to see. Nothing really being asked of us yet though. Dumbarton been pressing us quickly at the back, hoping they tire second half and we can make use of the 5 subs to stretch them. 

22 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Those are the rules all the teams signed up to. Whatever happens is going to impact the sporting integrity of the competition.

1) We forfeit this game - Falkirk get 3 points without playing.

2) We play the game with 16/17/18 year-olds. Falkirk likely pump us.

3) We withdraw from the whole competition. The best runner-up equation becomes confusing.

4) The match is rescheduled - we have players available who wouldn't have been for the original (eg Kabamba).

I'm not sure what the magic solution is here aside from going back in time and stopping a coronavirus outbreak.

No. 2 obviously. Much better than just walking away. I'm sure your 18 yo players would have loved to play. They are young guys who want to play football and show what they can do. No disrespect to Falkirk but I think the game may have been quite competitive. All Kilmarnock have achieved here is to undermine the confidence of their young players.

Seems McCluskey has gone to hospital with a dislocated shoulder, Duffy has confirmed.

Heard Duffy saying that they were told at a briefing that the handball for the Pars penalty wasn't going to be given as a penalty this season so he is understandable not happy.

Thought Pars should have been more clinical in final third but happy to come away with the win in the end

2 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

No. 2 obviously. Much better than just walking away. I'm sure your 18 yo players would have loved to play. They are young guys who want to play football and show what they can do. No disrespect to Falkirk but I think the game may have been quite competitive. All Kilmarnock have achieved here is to undermine the confidence of their young players.

These guys are not all 18 year olds, many of them are younger than that. Based on the results of our U21s in the Challenge Cup in the last few years, I doubt the U18s would have done anything other than take an absolute kicking, which would definitely have undermined their confidence even more. Assuming we did think we might take a tanking, it's better to opt for the 3-0 defeat for the sake of our goal difference - if we can win the other three games that would be important.