20/21 League Cup Group E

C4mmy31

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

What a great, easy service by Dumbarton. Took me literally less than a minute to register and purchase the game for tomorrow night. 

We've fairly come on from the few years ago where you couldn't buy season tickets if Antonia at reception was on a day off, as no-one else at the club knew how to work the card machine. 

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Perhaps more importantly, any word on Killie/Falkirk yet? Assume Killie are going to have to forfeit (unless they’ve tested youth teams over the weekend), but can’t see anything announced.

Postponement request rejected.

So it's the yoofs or 3 pts for us thanks.

It's the only way Falkirk can beat us in a big crunch match...

In all seriousness it's unfortunate that things have worked out this way but if the league aren't going to allow the game to be played on another date then there's not really another alternative. I respect Dyer saying he doesn't want to chuck the U-18s in at the deep end and let their confidence get shot to pieces Bob Mortimer style, so we've just got to take it on the chin and hope that we can assemble a squad for the next game a week tomorrow. If we have to forfeit that too then so be it, not much point in complaining if there's nothing that can be done about it.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Same old falkirk, always cheatin

Dunfermline will also get a 3-0 i'd imagoine as our squad aint available till the 14th, the day after the fixture should take place..

5 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I see Alex Dyer said it would spoil the sporting integrity of the competition if they were to field their under 18 team. And forfeiting the tie doesn’t?

Even though we may benefit,  forfeiting individual games doesn’t seem particularly right,    Surely they either play all games or it’s a full withdrawal?

Those are the rules all the teams signed up to. Whatever happens is going to impact the sporting integrity of the competition.

1) We forfeit this game - Falkirk get 3 points without playing.

2) We play the game with 16/17/18 year-olds. Falkirk likely pump us.

3) We withdraw from the whole competition. The best runner-up equation becomes confusing.

4) The match is rescheduled - we have players available who wouldn't have been for the original (eg Kabamba).

I'm not sure what the magic solution is here aside from going back in time and stopping a coronavirus outbreak.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Those are the rules all the teams signed up to. Whatever happens is going to impact the sporting integrity of the competition.

1) We forfeit this game - Falkirk get 3 points without playing.

2) We play the game with 16/17/18 year-olds. Falkirk likely pump us.

3) We withdraw from the whole competition. The best runner-up equation becomes confusing.

4) The match is rescheduled - we have players available who wouldn't have been for the original (eg Kabamba).

I'm not sure what the magic solution is here aside from going back in time and stopping a coronavirus outbreak.

It’s not ideal.  Is option 3) that much of a problem?  We just use the UEFA system of discounting results vs bottom side for the other groups.   It shouldn’t be overly difficult.

My preference would be 4),   However there seems very little space in the calendar.

As you say, the rules are agreed so that is the only option currently available.   Perhaps the rules could have been better written tho.