20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Early days but if either of those sides finish higher than 7th I'll astonished.

Both sides gave £100%  but short on quality early days but we could really do with a top class loan signing Dobbie got a goal I think but he was miles off it early days but why must Dobbie hit free kicks never seen him hit a good one yet 

Both sides gave £100%  but short on quality early days but we could really do with a top class loan signing Dobbie got a goal I think but he was miles off it early days but why must Dobbie hit free kicks never seen him hit a good one yet 

I’m out of breath just by reading that!!!

Think any signings now surely have to be defensive cover at lb/cb.

Giving it was our 4th/5th game together, McKee and dobbies first game with majority of first team. I think it was okay, encouraged by the way we tried to play. From what camera kept up with, the defence obviously for the two goals, thought was largely was ok. We got in a lot of good positions going forward just for the attack to break down, decision making could be improved there. Maxwell looks a right find from rangers, like Morton fans will be saying about mcpake who I thought looked dangerous everytime he got it

I see our game against Thistle is the one featured on Sportsound tonight. Now, do you feel this is because..

a) Despite other premiership clubs playing, we are clearly the box office outfit playing tonight

..or..

b) The BBC think this is most likely place for a 'cup upset'

Spoiler

..or is it far more mundane and just much easier to get to Paisley from Pacific Quay.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

I see our game against Thistle is the one featured on Sportsound tonight. Now, do you feel this is because..

a) Despite other premiership clubs playing, we are clearly the box office outfit playing tonight

..or..

b) The BBC think this is most likely place for a 'cup upset'

Hide contents

..or is it far more mundane and just much easier to get to Paisley from Pacific Quay.

Or C - Thistle have a little 'Box Office' about them theirselves following the summer's events and it gives them plenty to talk about.

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Or C - Thistle have a little 'Box Office' about them theirselves following the summer's events and it gives them plenty to talk about.

no, no... it's all about us, ffs!

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

🤦‍♂️ Its been part of the group stages since they were introduced... 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And we had two shoot outs last season, and three in our group games in 2017.

It's been a long summer and even longer since we played in this cup, I forgot all about the bonus penalty point. With the fiasco of trying to log in to a crashed site and the abysmal camerawork it took all my resilience to sit through it during normal time without taking a hammer to my telly. It was a nice surprise when I checked results later on though. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's been a long summer and even longer since we played in this cup, I forgot all about the bonus penalty point. With the fiasco of trying to log in to a crashed site and the abysmal camerawork it took all my resilience to sit through it during normal time without taking a hammer to my telly. It was a nice surprise when I checked results later on though. 

I'll confess I forgot all about it too and as it wound down I was simply thinking in terms a point each for the draw.  Fortunately though, I absent mindedly left it on, so managed to watch our glorious grabbing of the third point.