20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

Should they win they'll party like it's 1999.
Being born in the mid 80s and growing up watching us at one of if not the lowest point our club has been at in our history during the 90s, the derby games were all we had for a thrill, apart from when the likes of Killie or United came to town.

That day was the only time I have left a game early through sheer disgust.

Wind-ups aside, I think there is limited chance of us horsing them this week; I don't think they need to fear an absolute tanking.

I do hope we'll go with the same line-up as Friday, but with either Erwin or Obika in for McGrath.

We'll dominate possession, but it'll be a tight scoreline.

Who will come out on top in Tuesday's Battle Royal,  Queens Park or Queen of the South.  Will in be Ray's Mercenaries or Magic's band of misfits?  I'm hoping for a Doonhamers win simply to bring back memories of what winning a game is like, but it won't be a great shock if we lose. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Is there a stream for the QP - QoS game and any link to register?  I'm either a glutton for punishment or I've got too much spare cash.*

What broadcast  system do Queens Park use, Pixellot? 

*I've definitely not got too much spare cash. 

Is there a stream for the QP - QoS game and any link to register?  I'm either a glutton for punishment or I've got too much spare cash.*
What broadcast  system do Queens Park use, Pixellot? 

*I've definitely not got too much spare cash. 
I couldn't find a link either but as far as I know Queens Park will be streaming the game.

They definitely don't use pixellot

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I couldn't find a link either but as far as I know Queens Park will be streaming the game.

They definitely don't use pixellot

Thanks. I looked on their OS but couldn't see any media details. I'll try again nearer match day.

Wind-ups aside, I think there is limited chance of us horsing them this week; I don't think they need to fear an absolute tanking.
I do hope we'll go with the same line-up as Friday, but with either Erwin or Obika in for McGrath.
We'll dominate possession, but it'll be a tight scoreline.
Aye, even when there has been a bigger gulf between the clubs we rarely give them a doing, they raise their game, especially in Paisley. Could be the perfect game for Morton to bounce back from. Ironically they will be more match sharp than us now.

That all being said, we should still be winning this. Obika has to start for me, he's our most potent striker imo.

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Would quite like to see us try different things in this game, since it doesn't mean a great deal. Would give Goss a start up top, and would like to see Nortey given a shot in midfield, since Gibson appears to be the preferred right back. 

Within reason. We've no game on the Saturday to rest people for and I'd like to get the "no wins" monkey off our back asap. The game is relatively meaningless in that we're not getting through now although a win may well still get us 2nd in the group. There's extra prize money for that, albeit not a massive amount.

There's a limit to what he actually can do. I assume Ferguson won't be risked unnecessarily and given Robinson, McGrory and McCabe also were not in the squad yesterday I doubt any of them will be fit enough to start a game three days later. So it's really just a case of which of the outfield 6 subs might get a start. It would be a surprise if Sylla or McMahon did at this stage. Only leaves Nortey, McKechnie (just back from injury himself), Joseph and Goss. Potential to rest Dobbie I guess. No point in over-playing him although again, with no game on Saturday he'll probably want to play. Whether that be for Joseph or Goss is another question. Possibly both if East gets left out too.

4 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Would quite like to see us try different things in this game, since it doesn't mean a great deal. Would give Goss a start up top, and would like to see Nortey given a shot in midfield, since Gibson appears to be the preferred right back. 

I think Johnston will be too worried about the effect a defeat might have on the calls for him to get his jotters. When you’ve not won in 17 games, another defeat isn't a good look, even if the game is meaningless.

It’s strange reading through this and having 2 different games being discussed but it’s also funny to see most everyone else is in the same mood about their team. 👍

As for our game, Jim said in his post Utd interview that he had already discussed the Morton game with the players, so I expect us to be up for it. 2-0 Saints.