20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Saw our line up and was delighted that we'd ditched the 3-5-2 but apparently McGrath is playing wingback again.

Is Goodwin actually trying to get fired? It's the only explanation at this point.

It’s probably just the way it came out the tombola.

3 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Genuinely starting to zone out watching our games over a stream, especially the League Cup. We’re so tedious to watch and I’m missing the atmosphere you’d get in the stadium even during a shite game.

I've not bothered today. We're awful.

10 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Straight red means missing the next two games, regardless of competition.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It usually means 1+1 these days. 1 competition specific and one immediate.

That's what happened to Brian Graham for us this season. Sent off vs QotS in the LC, and was then suspended for the next match (league vs Clyde) and next in the LC (today's game).

Edited by Nightmare

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm not watching so can't comment on the decisions, but we've had two goals disallowed.

First was an offside which looked the correct decision.

Second was a foul where (I think) McGinty was adjudged to have climbed on someone to win his flick on. Not sure it was a foul.

FT 0-1

Certainty didn’t sound pretty. To go down to ten men on 49 minutes at 0-0 away from home and to go on to win the game is certainly a positive though. Also good to see Flynniesta back, when he’s fit he’s one of our best players.
Big sexy Jon scores the goals and should be starting every game IMO. No idea what Dennis is doing playing ahead of him.
Job done group won and into the hat. Something we’ve struggled to do in this competition recently. We finished 11th when we won this in 2013 and we are 11th now, so I guess we are going to win it again.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I for one am shocked at the BBC making an arse of this. 🙄

I suppose it is a bit like Queens conceding from a corner. Its inevitability should make it less irritating but somehow doesn’t.

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm not watching so can't comment on the decisions, but we've had two goals disallowed.

2nd poor decision by ref.

Morton man sandwiched by PT players and a foul 

Pens no value I take we are out.