20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

Penalty shoot out never in doubt. We are the Germany of Scottish football when it comes to shoot outs. Shame about the rest of it.

Surely we will go through now, and that’s what it’s all about. 1 point will almost certainly be enough against Queens Park. 2 or 3 (gasp) definitely will be. Even 0 could do it.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Think it's almost time to fully admit Goodwin has to go, much as it pains me to say.

Hold on he is a 100% St M man.

If he keep you up that will be success no chance of Fiz top six expectation.

Honourable mention to St Mirren for a valiant attempt to chuck the game away but Morton just hung on for the solitary point.

Penalties are whatever but how the f**k did it even get that far?

So St Mirren go top by a goal with the penalty win but they aren't through yet. Four teams could still go through incredibly.

- Any win over Queens Park will put St Mirren through. A single goal loss with St Mirren scoring will also put them through if there isn't an outright winner in the Thistle v Morton game.

- Morton and Thistle can both get through by winning their head to head outright in 90 mins AND St Mirren losing outright at Queen's Park (or winning outright by several goals whilst St Mirren lose on penalties)

- Queen of the South can still get through but ONLY if St Mirren lose outright to Queen's Park by 1-0 or by two clear goals AND Thistle v Morton finishes a draw.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

If the team that finished the game had started it for us St Mirren might have fully Dundee'd it. Can't say we really deserved any better after the first half.

Pretty sure we at least won but okay.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Hold on he is a 100% St M man.

If he keep you up that will be success no chance of Fiz top six expectation.

Which is why it pains me to say it.

Nothing regarding top six etc, I've made my peace with us flitting between being upper championship and lower premier league but I think we are within our rights to expect more than 6 goals in 11 league games and no attacking intent with a squad that on paper, certainly isn't as poor as many of our squads have been in the last few seasons.

The first half tonight was by far the most attacking I've seen us playing and even then, there was a distinct lack of actual ability in the final third. The players up there, I genuinely believe aren't as bad as they currently look but they are not being coached well. This isn't a new thing either, it's ultra negative and it's painfully boring.

4 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Fairly sure we can't get out of the group, unless the snake's mob somehow contrive to beat St. Mirren.

Groups B, C, D, E and H will likely have a 2nd place team on 9 points or 8 with a decent goal difference.

Here's the best 2nd placed teams as it stands.

image.png.fc15a1d02b99c2b633fb7da41fbd497d.png