20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

Things to be thankful for:

- It's only fucking one (so far)

- Strapp still has one more bad tackle in him after getting away wiith two clearly bookable challenges (so far)

- I'm not at the game

HT 1-0

Comfortably the better side and we should be further ahead if anything. Obika has one and could have had a hat trick. Fraser’s pretty much missed an open goal.
Morton didn’t seem interested in attacking for most of that. Although I do like the look of that number 3 Fjortoft, always seemed to be him that was getting in the way.
Guess they will have to come out more second half which should give us more room to work with and hopefully more goals.
I don’t think we are playing particularly well, I think Morton are just a bit... shite. Ethan is a really classy operator and is running the midfield, Mason looking good again on the flank.

As much as we don't have our troubles to seek in the final third, what a bullet we dodged in the summer by not losing Erhahon. The boy is classy in that holding mid role, he's very one footed which will be his main hinderance but he looks nothing like the 17 year old kid hung out to dry at left back. He's as composed in that area as I've seen in a long time.

Even when we've been utterly shite, he's looked consistently good.

59 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Got the fear for a Morton masterclass now emoji23.png.

How many times do you see seething opposition fans on here when they see a line up and it turns out to be tactically perfect.

Thoughts so far? This is the most lopsided derby game in the last 20 years. We're just so limited we've nothing to offer St Mirren here.

Usually you hope for a surprise when you see a shit lineup. Jim Duffy was the master of it almost every week, but tonight's lineup was always going to lead to this absolutely pathetic performance.

We look like a league 2 side playing against the old firm.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Thoughts so far? This is the most lopsided derby game in the last 20 years. We're just so limited we've nothing to offer St Mirren here.

Not quite 2017 at Cappielow levels of one-sided but it's definitely the most dominant I can remember us being in a Derby.

McAdams is terrified to leave his line and I've no idea why Omar is the one picking up Obika.

It's only a matter of how many now, although it always was with this selection from Hopkin. Blues and Muirhead off so we can have eleven players might get us in the game but without an attacking game plan nothing's going to happen here.

Aye, you's weren't lying [emoji23].

I've seen us set up defensive at times under Goodwin but nothing this extreme.

Hopkin has showed us way too much respect.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

13 shots on goal in the first half for us, must be close to a record.

If the 'shot' gets blocked by Fjortoft then i hardly counts as being 'on goal', so make that five or six instead.

Predictably woeful middle to front though we have at least been a compact and *relatively* well organised unit defensively, considering that McGinty is still playing. Otherwise it really would be 4 or 5. 

Blues, Muirhead and Omar all off and never to play for the club again please, they're competition winners and not professional footballers.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So as it stands St Mirren qualifying and consigning Morton to mid table mediocrity for another season. Shame.....

Speaking of being consigned somewhere, I see that Cove are busy sinking your latest gormless effort to clamber out of the seaside leagues. 

ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Serious question, is that the first ever header Obika has scored for us? For a relatively tall guy, he doesn't like it in the air.

He's "chested" one in , but no headed goals up until now.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

If the 'shot' gets blocked by Fjortoft then i hardly counts as being 'on goal', so make that five or six instead.

Oh I agree, betting sites definitions of shots on and off target are weirdly arbitrary, I was merely quoting bet365.

Incidentally, they didn't count McAllister's free kick which scudded your keeper in the face as a shot on or off target.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Found a dodgy stream. Would say I've been disappointed with Morton, but I think we were given fair warning about their lineup.

Not sure how Fraser missed; not sure how Strapp is not only still on the park but not even on a yellow. 😂

The 2nd one Strapp has actually willingly went in to take a booking just to get a chance to berate his teammates and still got away with it. Bizarre referring. Long may it continue.

9 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Ethan Erhahon emoji7.png totally strolling it in midfield.

Should be a few up here. Early days but this new formation suits us much better.

Not anywhere in the same league of course, but at times his shielding of the ball looked very similar.

Hope he’s not injured???