20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Have the fear for this one. Can rarely remember going into a derby feeling like there is a pumping on the cards, even, as someone else said, when there was a bigger gap between the teams.

If St Mirren show up at all I expect similar from them.

We actually showed something that resembled attacking intent against United on Friday. We moved the ball about ok and our wing-backs were genuinely very advanced. Plenty of forward balls from midfield and our two debutants showed up very well. Despite all that, we mustered a whopping 0 (zero) attempts on target.

I know we put four past League One's Partick Thistle, but even that result was an aberration and we really didn't deserve that margin. 

tl;dr - I think we'll win, but a single goal will probably decide it and I don't think you should fear a pumping. Honestly.

We actually showed something that resembled attacking intent against United on Friday. We moved the ball about ok and our wing-backs were genuinely very advanced. Plenty of forward balls from midfield and our two debutants showed up very well. Despite all that, we mustered a whopping 0 (zero) attempts on target.
I know we put four past League One's Partick Thistle, but even that result was an aberration and we really didn't deserve that margin. 
tl;dr - I think we'll win, but a single goal will probably decide it and I don't think you should fear a pumping. Honestly.
Goodwin has said that Flynniesta could make an appearance at some point too, which is a massive boost.

Never easy games for us when we are the favourites, Morton won't make it easy too but that being said it's a great opportunity to put 1 foot into the next round and I'll be pretty seething if we lose tonight.

If we perform like we did against Thistle and Queens we will be in trouble.

Let's see what's come out the tombola tonight.
Oh. I see.
FB_IMG_1605119510007.thumb.jpg.6005cbadf448fb3c438d48d6c7771de8.jpg
Back five as predicted... Foley and Erhahon behind McAllister, Morias and Obika up front? Maybe?
Back 5 changing to a 3-4-3 when Tait and Mason push forward.

McAllister and Morias need to start performing. Tonight should be a good opportunity for them to show what they can do.

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

McAllister and Morias need to start performing. Tonight should be a good opportunity for them to show what they can do.

We know what Morias can do: work the ball boys three times as hard as usual.

16 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I would much rather have seen what Connelly can do. Looked decent whenever he's had a chance. Unlike McAllister who has been  very disappointing.

I'm guessing back five with Strapp and Ledger as wing backs, Omar and Blues in central midfield and a front three of Nesbitt Salkeld and Muirhead in some setup? f**k knows, but however you're setting that up you'd expect the midfield to be overrun by any Championship side and probably by Brechin. This is going to be fun.