20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

Speaking of, how is 6th in league 1?
Not quite sure how you've made that link, but it's somehow both disappointing and predictable. I fear our chances of winning the title are now slim and we need some positivity and wins under our belt in order to go up through the playoffs. Early days still, but shortened seasons are a harsh mistress.

20 hours ago, Flash said:

I think Johnston will be too worried about the effect a defeat might have on the calls for him to get his jotters. When you’ve not won in 17 games, another defeat isn't a good look, even if the game is meaningless.

There are other considerations if he makes the changes suggested by die hard doonhamer as well.  Nortey was signed to play right back, so if he plays him in midfield it only adds to the suggestion that he is a square peg in a round hole, which makes him look daft.  Also Goss wasn't his signing so he has no real incentive to develop him, particularly as he won't be around to really reap the rewards should he turn out to be a player.

I think it's more likely we will play what Johnston considers to be his strongest XI to try and get the monkey off our back.  Understandable really.

20 hours ago, NathanQP said:

Tried to register for the stream this morning,  got on the site using the link,  filled in all the details asked for,  checked T&C's as requested, tapped "Register" and nowt happened, no payment options,  nowt. I'll try again later but wondering if I've missed something. 

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

There are other considerations if he makes the changes suggested by die hard doonhamer as well.  Nortey was signed to play right back, so if he plays him in midfield it only adds to the suggestion that he is a square peg in a round hole, which makes him look daft.  Also Goss wasn't his signing so he has no real incentive to develop him, particularly as he won't be around to really reap the rewards should he turn out to be a player.

I think it's more likely we will play what Johnston considers to be his strongest XI to try and get the monkey off our back.  Understandable really.

I am Sure AJ did sign Goss, If AJ didn't who did? 🤔

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Guest TOPFITTER
11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Is the team using the awfull Pixellot or a human actually doing the camerawork? Not impressed with commentating so far (any club,,,too biased given both sets of supporters viewing) but that is easilly remedied by muting ! Will not be watching another Pixellot stream after Awful Arbroath effort.

5 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I am Sure AJ did sign Goss, If AJ didn't who did? 🤔

Would he not have been signed for the reserves/development squad? I doubt if Johnston is involved in signing those players,  although it will be his decision if any should step up to the 1st team squad.

3 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Is the team using the awfull Pixellot or a human actually doing the camerawork? Not impressed with commentating so far (any club,,,too biased given both sets of supporters viewing) but that is easilly remedied by muting ! Will not be watching another Pixellot stream after Awful Arbroath effort.

It says on the Cup match thread they don't use Pixellot. They have a film team. 

Edit to add: it actually says that in the post you quoted. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Guest TOPFITTER
11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It says on the Cup match thread they don't use Pixellot. They have a film team. 

Edit to add: it actually says that in the post you quoted. 

Thanks for your input, for clarity it does not say which video system the "TEAM" are using just "A team filming" hence my enquiry. I had already questioned the Strean Production Team and had no reply.

I look forward to Morton playing an endless stream of long diagonals to wide players that aren't anywhere near tall enough to win them, and then the ball to just keep coming back at a defence that's probably not good enough to keep out the continual attacks which will come from out dreadful style of play.

Saturday should have taught Hopkin that this squad is much better suited to a back 3/5 than a back 4.

13 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Are St Mirren offering this up on PPV?

Or is Premier Sports the only option, can't  see a day pass and don't  want monthly which you have to cancel. Found this difficult  last time.

Because it is being shown live by Premier, St. Mirren can't offer it to any UK based fans,

However, a VPN set to anywhere other than the UK/Ireland should see you able to register for PPV.

Are St Mirren offering this up on PPV?
Or is Premier Sports the only option, can't  see a day pass and don't  want monthly which you have to cancel. Found this difficult  last time.
Think it will only be available for international subscribers ( or folk with a VPN ) otherwise its Premier Sports.

Not ideal.

9 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Would he not have been signed for the reserves/development squad? I doubt if Johnston is involved in signing those players,  although it will be his decision if any should step up to the 1st team squad.

No he was signed last season for reserves this season am sure he was signed by AJ for the first team squad having impressed on reserve games and training. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

10 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I look forward to Morton playing an endless stream of long diagonals to wide players that aren't anywhere near tall enough to win them, and then the ball to just keep coming back at a defence that's probably not good enough to keep out the continual attacks which will come from out dreadful style of play.

Saturday should have taught Hopkin that this squad is much better suited to a back 3/5 than a back 4.

Problem is that the right side is still going to be a mess with the back three with no one who can defend effectively  or even maintain positional discipline at right wing back either. If Ledger is actually capable of playing right back we might end up less horribly exposed on the right with him in a back four and Fjortoft back at centre back.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Problem is that the right side is still going to be a mess with the back three with no one who can defend effectively  or even maintain positional discipline at right wing back either. If Ledger is actually capable of playing right back we might end up less horribly exposed on the right with him in a back four and Fjortoft back at centre back.

All very fair points. I personally think that with a run of games in that position, Salkeld will adjust to the defensive side a little more.

Ledger looks much more suited to playing in the middle, from the fleeting performances I've see so far, so should be in the back 3 alongside Fjortoft and McGinty.

Guest TOPFITTER
15 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

We don’t use Pixellot.

Human operated cameras supported by an offsite production/editing team 

Many thanks, that is clear for me now😀 I shall now purchase and hopefully see a QUEENS win image.png.d43d828bec87069fa838547e0932f2e0.png