20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Stream completely froze and I missed the last few pens. Same as those donkeys.

Refreshed screen just in time to see that "effort"  of a penalty fly over the bar. Wish I hadn't bothered. Why do players try to be as fancy,  just fucking. bullet it. 

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Stream completely froze and I missed the last few pens. Same as those donkeys.

Only Queens could be 2 -1 with our 3rd pen to come and still lose the shoot out 

Bit disappointing to not win the game against 10 men the whole 2 nd half 

Result on pens didn't really matter as both teams are out though obviously a win better than a loss for morale I guess

Thought we did well enough second half with the 4 narrow midfielders and no wingers to try and stifle them, Queens only really had Fitzpatrick who should be a standout at Championship level, he seems to have got even more built in his year down south.

Graham's petulance has given McCall a decision to make on Saturday for who starts up front, think the rest of the best XI is settled (as in it's pretty much tonight's team) though I'd have Spittal in ahead of Gordon. Slight worry that Lyons seems to be quite far down the pecking order. 

Edited by Fuctifano

We can take some positives from today in that we managed to hold on for nearly an hour with 10 men and generally looked pretty decent, even with that disadvantage. Disappointing to fluff so many of the early chances, though (including one which was apparently over the line).

Brian Graham is a big moron. Needs to calm the f**k down.

Positives and negatives in that. Obviously disappointing to play two thirds of the game with a man advantage and not win, but given we were missing out best player, and another who we expect will be one of our more creative, it was an ok performance. Fitzpatrick looked really good again, and I also thought Shields was quite impressive as well. Gibson looked good when he came on.

I thought Johnston, not for the first time, waited far too long before making changes. We also started far too slowly, for the second time in 3 games, and were lucky not to be behind before we got on to it a bit.

A much better second half, once we were ahead we never in any danger. Fjortoft and Ledger were both solid and you could tell the attacking subs we were bringing on were on another level from those who started the game.

We realistically need to take 5 points to get through as best runners up from here, but while that could maybe win us the group we may as well take six and ensure we win it. Glad to have something to play for when these games come round again anyway.