20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

Partick should have scored at least once in the first 10. We were awful. Two cracking saves from Fergusson have kept us in it.

Daft as it sounds I'm not sure the sending off will do as that many favours. The biggest benefit is that giant isn't on the park which is a bonus at set pieces. But our game appears to be hitting on the counter rather than finding a clinical pass. Thistle will sit in when defending and we really don't have anyone who can thread through that ball. Going forward they may think their best bet of a goal is from a set piece but that was the case at 11 v 11 anyway.

We need to up our game to get 3 points here. More opportunities for Fitz and Shields to run please - ideally getting Shields out wide rather than isolated.

Good first half for Queens (Park). Stream quality has been pretty good and the commentary sounds quite professional, though they could do with some sort of noise gate to ballance out the audio spikes when they get excited. All went to pot when they switched camera at half time though and now can't hear anything.

Given Graham seems be furious most of the time regardless of what’s going on, I’d say he probably did elbow the boy - and Docherty was lucky with a completely needless kick not long after.

We’re doing ok, should have scored a couple in the opening 10. Sneddon’s made some decent saves and commanded his box ok as well.

Gordon has actually been alright as well, some decent runs into the box opening up space for others. He really should have scored though.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

We weren't being murdered quite as badly by the end of the half as we were in the first 20 minutes, but Queen's Park are still the better team here and look far more likely to score.

I still don't know why Robbie Muirhead is getting a game, still at the club or playing professional football at all.

That'll do it. Can't see either side qualifying now.

That was pretty appalling from us considering we had a man advantage for so long. If I was associated with Thistle I'd be extremely pissed of with Graham as he's pretty much cost them any chance of a win and arguably a place in the next round.

We offered more going forward after Gibson came on. Don't know if that says more about us being poor going forward or how well Gibson is playing. Hopefully our other players are back for Ayr as we'll be comfortably beaten if we play like that again.

Few good individual performances though.