20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Any word on how we can watch the game tomorrow? I've paid for it but the latest message I read was saying they would update us before the game. I haven't read an update yet.

You log in to the account you created when buying, go to ‘My Matches’, and hit ‘watch’...

Then, like the rest of us, shit yourself waiting for the site to crash...

(Edited to apologise for being a bit slow)

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

St Mirren seem to have struggled in the group stage. Different dynamic this season with them playing a rack of league games. Then again they haven't impressed much. I think Thistle are decent value at around 6/1 for a shock win.

On 04/10/2020 at 21:36, madton said:

How do Queens fan's think they will line up on Tues?

Difficult to predict  with us as we have a lot of options. Absolute guessing, something like this;

McAdams

Salkeld Ledger Fjortoft Strapp

McAlister Jacobs

Mcpake. Colville Nesbitt

Orsi.

Bench

McGinty, Omar, Lyon, McGuffie, Oliver,  Mcavier and Wylie 

Wallace, Millar, McLean, Blues, Muirhead in the stand.

Our squad is too big.

You can name 9 subs in this.

Our team isn't that hard to predict. I presume Ferguson will start in goal rather than Leighfield. We only have 4 defenders so expect them all to start unless Nortey isn't yet fit enough in which case presumably Wullie Gibson would sit in at right back. Pre season has mostly seen a three man midfield of Pybus, McCabe and Robinson and a front three of Shields, East and Fitzpatrick with Fitzpatrick and Robinson occasionally swapping over. But Dobbie and McKee were a week or two behind the others at that stage. They are fit now but I don't know if they'll start. Dan Pybus took a knock and went off early against Stranraer, I don't know if he's fit but presume it was just a precaution. If everyone's fit I'd guess something along the lines of:

--------------------- Ferguson -------------------
Nortey --- Buchanan --- Obileye --- Maxwell
----Robinson --- McCabe --- Pybus ----
---Fitzpatrick ---Dobbie --- Shields ---

Subs probably: Leighfield, Gibson, McGrory, McKee, McMahon, Joseph, McKechnie, Goss, East

Lord knows what we're planning on doing if a centre back gets injured.

You can name 9 subs in this.
Our team isn't that hard to predict. I presume Ferguson will start in goal rather than Leighfield. We only have 4 defenders so expect them all to start unless Nortey isn't yet fit enough in which case presumably Wullie Gibson would sit in at right back. Pre season has mostly seen a three man midfield of Pybus, McCabe and Robinson and a front three of Shields, East and Fitzpatrick with Fitzpatrick and Robinson occasionally swapping over. But Dobbie and McKee were a week or two behind the others at that stage. They are fit now but I don't know if they'll start. Dan Pybus took a knock and went off early against Stranraer, I don't know if he's fit but presume it was just a precaution. If everyone's fit I'd guess something along the lines of:
Subs probably: Leighfield, Gibson, McGrory, McKee, McMahon, Joseph, McKechnie, Goss, East
Lord knows what we're planning on doing if a centre back gets injured.

Surely McKee will start if everyone is fit?

2 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Surely McKee will start if everyone is fit?

No idea. I've never seen him play yet (well not for us). I imagine he was brought here to start but he's not played one minute with the first team in pre-season was where I was going with that. Dobbie is a special case and did at least get 20 mins at Airdrie. Maybe McKee does start. Presumably that would have to be in place of Robinson. If it's in place of Pybus then you don't have anyone breaking up play in the middle of the park.

Was Dobbie injured?

Guy is clearly a class act, any concern he is now getting on a bit? See he is 38 in Dec.

I know people probably said the same last season and he still got 11 goals.

If he starts, fully expect him to score alongside McKee.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And people still think we’re favourites to go down.

35 minutes ago, madton said:

Was Dobbie injured?

Guy is clearly a class act, any concern he is now getting on a bit? See he is 38 in Dec.

I know people probably said the same last season and he still got 11 goals.

If he starts, fully expect him to score alongside McKee.

He had a minor issue in the first fortnight of pre-season, as did McKee. They were about 10 days or so behind the rest in fitness. Both played two low key friendlies last week  and are available as far as I know.

5 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

St Mirren seem to have struggled in the group stage. Different dynamic this season with them playing a rack of league games. Then again they haven't impressed much. I think Thistle are decent value at around 6/1 for a shock win.

You cant go wrong even putting a fiver on if you can afford to write it off in case you lose. While Saints have had their troubles set up properly and with games under their belt cant see a anything other than a Saints win.  

46 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He had a minor issue in the first fortnight of pre-season, as did McKee. They were about 10 days or so behind the rest in fitness. Both played two low key friendlies last week  and are available as far as I know.

Dobbie still a slight doubt according to today's D&G Standard,  of course that could be taken from reports around the time of the friendlies. 

No idea. I've never seen him play yet (well not for us). I imagine he was brought here to start but he's not played one minute with the first team in pre-season was where I was going with that. Dobbie is a special case and did at least get 20 mins at Airdrie. Maybe McKee does start. Presumably that would have to be in place of Robinson. If it's in place of Pybus then you don't have anyone breaking up play in the middle of the park.

Just you said if everyone was fit 🤷🏽‍♂️ I agree Robinson to drop out from what I’ve seen so far

13 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Just you said if everyone was fit 🤷🏽‍♂️ I agree Robinson to drop out from what I’ve seen so far

Fair enough. I didn't really mean if it were a clean sheet starting from go tonight and everyone was fit. I meant assuming that everyone is passed fit for tonight bearing in mind what we've seen in the last few weeks. Maybe McKee will start, I certainly expect him to be a regular starter, I just thought given he's not played a single minute of "first team" football so far in pre-season that they may not pitch him straight in tonight. To be honest if there's the slightest doubt about Dobbie I wouldn't start him either. Hopefully he plays but I only want him playing if he's 100%.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

McAdams, McAlister, Mcpake, McGinty, McGuffie, Mcavier, McLean, McCabe, McGrory, McKee, McMahon and McKechnie potentially all on the team sheets tonight.

Looks like a generic Scotland line-up in a 90's football video game.

24 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Robot cameraman or are the streams a decent quality?

The stream is good with a few cameras and the normal commentator is ok but the one we've had the last couple of games can't appreciate that sometimes a bit of silence is required.

Edited by Arch Stanton